Meet my sebastopols.

Here's what I've been reading....you really should ONLY breed a curly to a smooth. Its kind of like if you breed a frizzle to a frizzle, you get a frazzle, which you don't want.

You may want to PM CottageRose or Peachick. They both breed and probably could be alot more help than I can on pricing smooth breasted.

I haven't been able to find smooth breasted, just curly.

Laurie

i dont know why people like the curly chesteds, i like smooth chesteds, the curly chested looks dirty, ya urs arent very curly compared to a good quality one, you can tell the sex by their voices, the females sound like a tuba(deep voice) and the males sound like a trumpet (high pitch voice)

Sebastopols can look pretty naked after the breeding season.
Mine all look very ratty right now and are starting to molt.
They won't be in prime feather until this fall.
If their goslings are from this year they will need time to fluff out too. Don't judge any of them right now.
Wait until this fall-winter and as for the 2009 golsings, they will improve by their 2010 molt (if they're going to).

Austin good description of how they sound.
smile.png

You can breed curly breasted to curly breasted.
I have done it exclusively until this year with no problems.
Supposedly you can decrease twisted wing tip (not to be confused with angel wing)
by breeding smooth to curly
but I haven't been at it long enough to know what the percentage rate is.

If any Sebastopol looks "dirty" its because they don't have clean bathing water and/or live in filthy conditions.
Mine look sparkling white year round because they get fresh water to bath in on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Quote:
forget what i said about the curly breasteds looking dirty, i had only seen a few in person and they looked different than ones ive seen in pictures, the ones i saw in persons cheasts looked almost like a an overfrizzled frizzle, but i looked at some posts here and am warming up to them, and i meant dirty as in gnated not dirty as in dirt lol

Quote:
I wouldn't pay $40 for the smooth babies personally, the parents are probably worth at least $40 though. Some people might pay that much for them all however. I would put the youngsters up at $30. They are not just curly chested but smooth to smooth babies and that has the possibility to affect the outcome in their babies and make them different from a parent that is smooth chested and came from a smooth to curly cross. If that makes any sense, instead of one dose of smooth they carry 2.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom