Meet Moonpie, my Pied Peacock

BirdsBeesTrees

Integrity.
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Mar 10, 2019
Iowa
This is Moonpie. He's a Pied India Blue Peacock and is 3 years old.
He's finally got a full train and is loving showing it off. He doesn't actually have white feathers in his train, which is a little sad for me.
I hatched him from a shipped egg. Shipped eggs do not hatch so well.
1677513503371.jpeg

I can, I sure don't know when my girls are going to start laying eggs though.
Every year I fret about not knowing if I can get them all sold.
I know the feeling!
Last year I had one guy buy almost every peachick I hatched. :eek: I have no idea what he was going to do with all of them.
That's awesome!

I can, I sure don't know when my girls are going to start laying eggs though.
Every year I fret about not knowing if I can get them all sold. Last year I had one guy buy almost every peachick I hatched. :eek: I have no idea what he was going to do with all of them.
I was contacted years ago by a guy named John who lives in California who offered to buy every chick I produced for $25 each. I guess that would be ok for common IB's but I don't produce many IB and he wanted over 100 per shipment. He did offer $35 per chick in color mutations but still wanted 100 per shipment. Needless to say that price was not going to fly.

I was contacted years ago by a guy named John who lives in California who offered to buy every chick I produced for $25 each. I guess that would be ok for common IB's but I don't produce many IB and he wanted over 100 per shipment. He did offer $35 per chick in color mutations but still wanted 100 per shipment. Needless to say that price was not going to fly.
Since I just have a few hobby birds I sell mine for $30 each, locally, I would never have 100 peachicks at one time, lol.

Back
Top Bottom