Lost and Found

For domesticated birds chickens are amazingly tough (but most of you know that I imagine)....they're cold (our thermometer is reading 2 below)....but they are out from under the bushes.....I just gave them warm water and food.....

Animal control is a good idea in a normal situation...but these people are involved with the township I live in so the story will just get twisted around and they'll run up there for them and play 'victim'....

I've decided to pay a teenage neighbor to bring them home (for my peace of mind)...I'm going to ask him if he's interested this afternoon...they've been so far from home for so long they aren't going back on their own.....

The neighbor down the street that tipped me off to who owns the birds also feels sorry for them and feeds them etc....so I know they wont go hungry...and if they come back I'll take it from there......

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks for the info Sandra....I esp love the garlic idea
smile.png

I see the spot your in. I guess you are doing the right thing. Chickens are tough animals. If they can survive outdoors like that, they will probably make it o.k. I hope you eventually get some hens of your own. I know you will give them a good home. Merry

I'm still thinking that's a smart flock of chickens....They'll be back at your house in no time!

Maybe the neighbors will understand that chickens do have some sort of "free will", and they should let them exercise it!!!

You're in a tough spot- hang in there. I'm hoping for the best---for you and your family.

Sandra

They are on their way.....

If they come back....I'll deal with it then......

I really want to thank everyone one for the kind comments and ideas....I knew very little when this began and have learned a little since......

The fact that no one had anything wise to say really reflects on the membership here........

We are getting our own....we'd like to order for mid April delivery (after vaca)...I'm going to start a new thread on that.....I want to run the breed ideas past you guys/girls......

There is nothing to compare to raising you own hens from little fluffy chicks, watching them grow, naming them, being responsible for every bit of their growth and safety. This batch of hens I have now mean more to me than any other hens I have bought as adults already. Your children will gain so much by the experience also. Good luck. Merry

I really hate to say this but two are back......

The rooster and one hen....they were hanging around today and I was hoping it was just a visit but apparently it's not....

I should have just offered them cash for the five birds they left here (a lot of you were right).....the roosters froost bite is worse and I think I see some on the hen....who knows if the other two are 'home' or dead at this point...

I just went out to move them to the backyard because the temporary coop is still there but the rooster went to bite/peck me when I was trying to get the hen from out from under the bush....

After another effort I decided to leave them out there and open the gate back up....

I'm going to leave a note and check in their mail box in the morning.....if they cash the check I'll have a record of the 'purchase'.....

I'm really not happy with these people (to say the least) and they can either knock on my door or kiss my arse and cash the check......

I have been watching this thread, you and your family have done a wonderful thing for these chickens, and I think they have decided where they want to live now. Welcome to the wonderful world of chicken parenting.

Back
Top Bottom