How much water per day syringe

Pics

Tinabuglaw

Songster
Sep 16, 2021
Feeding my hen, not active or laying eggs. She's sick and isn't eating or drinking on her own. I'm using a syringe. How much water (in ml) should I give her a day if I'm using a 5ml syringe?

Feeding my hen, not active or laying eggs. She's sick and isn't eating or drinking on her own. I'm using a syringe. How much water (in ml) should I give her a day if I'm using a 5ml syringe?

put some honey in water and give her 2,5 ml 5-6x a day. you can put a drop of acv as well. don't give her too much water at once. I have been doing that for years with my sick chickens. some live some die.

Oh wow! I've been giving her 10ml every few hours! So you think I can keep doing that?

I think about 90 ml per day is ok. if you manage to give her so much water she probably is not as bad. I have a sick silkie hen and fight to give her 2,5 ml.

It's actually much safer than trying to pass liquid by her open airway with a syringe. I use a lamb tube. Most farm stores carry them. You can of course order anything online.

If a syringe gets her enough and it works for you though, that's all that matters.

I think about 90 ml per day is ok. if you manage to give her so much water she probably is not as bad. I have a sick silkie hen and fight to give her 2,5 ml.
Ok that makes me feel a little better. She got some of her strength back and flogs me and tries to fly away when I pick her up. That's more like her. The first day and a half I had her in the house she was really lethargic and let me do whatever I wanted to. I knew something was wrong cuz she's the queen hen the top of the pecking order if you know what I mean

Back
Top Bottom