For those of you that use stall dry...

I don't see why not. I sprinkle it (stall dry) on my straw bedding and they dustbathe in that so it would be the same thing. It is just clay and DE. Have you been able to find it (DE) online? That is where I had to order my DE. I haven't received it yet so still using the stall dry.

Okay, that makes sense that it wouldn't work for mites. I knew I would use the stall dry eventually so I picked it up. I'll have to search for the DE online. Thanks!

Quote:
diatomaceous earth - it can be used for chickens to dust themselves to get rid of mites.
smile.png

Really? It doesn't work for mites? I thought it was suppose to? Or are you talking the Stall Dry or the DE? Cause I thought DE was suppose to take care of all those little buggers, or am I wrong?

If you plus DE or diatomaceous earth in the search area, there are many detailed threads to educate you on the benefits for your chickens. It has to be food grade, not he type used for swimming pools.

Stall Dry may not work because it is more granulated than powdered.... not as dusty. It'll roll around the mites.
If you can't find feed grade DE you can order from Ohio Earth Foods. Great company, all organic, good prices.

www.ohioearthfoods.com I think?

Back
Top Bottom