Nksg75

Crowing
9 Years
Aug 18, 2014
Needville Texas
My Coop
My Coop
hi,
I have hatched many chicken eggs, however I have 3 turkey eggs given to me to hatch and since I have never tried hatching them I thought I would ask if they require higher humidity in general than chicken eggs during lockdown?
I am planning on locking them down friday.
Any advice appreciated

I'm also interested. I did see somewhere that they do take 28 days to hatch, and the temp should be 99.5 and humidity at 55. I'm not sure about lock down though. What day are you locking them down? Is it day 25?

Thanks for replying.
Actually I realized that today is day 25 so I will be moving the timeline up. I will lock down tommorow morning.
I originally placed them under a broody hen, and then had a whole fiasco with 2 other Broody hens. So I placed them in the incubator.
I wrote April 20th on the eggs, so today should be day 25

I'm also interested. I did see somewhere that they do take 28 days to hatch, and the temp should be 99.5 and humidity at 55. I'm not sure about lock down though. What day are you locking them down? Is it day 25?
Robert, I too an in South Texas and have 15 turkey eggs currently hatching under my the hen. My problem is that she seems to be cracking up their shells today. I want to put them in the incubator to keep them safe, so I've set it up. I too will get the humidity up and get them in. I have hatched chickens and never have I ever seen the hen cracking up the shells??

I am incubating turkey eggs as well and am a first timer, I read somewhere, read a lot of articles and watched YouTube videos, that the humidity should be around 70-75% at lock down. And they should be locked down at day 25 as they take 28 days, sorry just saw this wish I could remember which articles referenced that info. I just googled and read as much as I could.

I always use my broody chicken hens to hatch turkey eggs for me, so I would have said no to the higher humidity. Congratulations on your poults. :)

Thanks!
Yes they are so cute and very inquisitive bunch for sure!
I agree on lockdown on day 25 as mine hatched on day 26-27.
I got these eggs free from a nice lady who has several different breeds!
I also completely agree with having chicks with them, they really are great tutors for these poults!
I read some many different articles on how they can starve out even when there is food!
So far so good!
I have witnessed them eating and drinking along with the other chicks!!

Back
Top Bottom