DO turkey eggs require higher humidity?

I go out several times a day and poke my finger at the food peeping to show poults how and what to eat. I also use glass rocks to draw them in to peck. Chicks can help teach them, but without chicks you need to keep showing them for up to a week.

I go out several times a day and poke my finger at the food peeping to show poults how and what to eat. I also use glass rocks to draw them in to peck. Chicks can help teach them, but without chicks you need to keep showing them for up to a week.

Good to know. I'm incubating my 3 eggs for my uncle and I will certainly let him know. Now I'm thinking of hatching some of my own. Do turkeys get along with chickens? Today is day 13 so I'm going to candle them as well. One of them had cracks and I'm afraid it's not going to be viable.
20190509_202821.jpg

Good to know. I'm incubating my 3 eggs for my uncle and I will certainly let him know. Now I'm thinking of hatching some of my own. Do turkeys get along with chickens? Today is day 13 so I'm going to candle them as well. One of them had cracks and I'm afraid it's not going to be viable.
View attachment 1785195
I keep my turkeys separately. I've had toms kill a rooster they were raised with and my turkey hens like to chase my chickens when out. Others keep them together. I personally wouldn't.

View attachment 1785195
I keep them together and wish I didn't. 2 roosters have been killed by jakes, 1 hen almost from attempted mating. Bullying year around by hens
I need to get my lazy self in gear and build a 5th coop and leave the turkeys in the main coop.

The flip side is the coop that has turkeys has no injuries from hawks .. some turkeys have lost some feathers in the attacks but they defend their territory

I keep them together and wish I didn't. 2 roosters have been killed by jakes, 1 hen almost from attempted mating. Bullying year around by hens
I need to get my lazy self in gear and build a 5th coop and leave the turkeys in the main coop.

The flip side is the coop that has turkeys has no injuries from hawks .. some turkeys have lost some feathers in the attacks but they defend their territory
I just lost 2 turkey hens. The first for me. I think an owl. Both hens were setting on a nest at the far end of the run which isn't covered.

Turkeys are funny birds, but they are also bullies and thugs. Not to mention if left out too long they are everywhere. :rolleyes:

I keep my turkeys separately. I've had toms kill a rooster they were raised with and my turkey hens like to chase my chickens when out. Others keep them together. I personally wouldn't.
Oh, I didn't realize this!!
Shoot, I just built this huge coop for them all to live together!!
Do you remember at what age you started having problems with the turkeys being aggressive?

Oh, I didn't realize this!!
Shoot, I just built this huge coop for them all to live together!!
Do you remember at what age you started having problems with the turkeys being aggressive?
At around 4 months when everyone started to sexually mature.

Back
Top Bottom