Could You Tell Me What Color This Peacock Is?

Ooops, Kedreeva, I was agreeing with the post above yours. I could get past the tail feathers, but I bet the back of your bird is much more developed than this bird. Maybe there is a big regional difference.
That's an excellent point about regional differences, actually. I bet they grow in faster in warmer climates. I live in Michigan, where it's winter or almost winter for about 9 months out of the year XD Blu's back feathers look, if anything, LESS developed than this guy's.

Here's a pic I just took yesterday of him:

And you can see his back better in this one from the 7th of June:

However, I have a 2yro opal male who is about a month older than Blu from a different breeder- he hasn't got any eye feathers either, but his train is definitely longer and better developed. So I'd guess that stock comes into it as well. I wonder if the green blood maybe affects the train as well- anyone who raises greens care to chime in on when you usually see their eye feathers the first time?

Last edited:
Not to go off topic, but can anyone tell me what peafowl have an orange color? I saw a few pics on BYC but I can't remember the breed. Anyone know?

You're probably thinking Peach. It's thought to be a combo of the cameo and purple genes working together. If not peach, then maybe Bronze, although that's really more... well, bronze.

Not to go off topic, but can anyone tell me what peafowl have an orange color? I saw a few pics on BYC but I can't remember the breed. Anyone know?

You're probably thinking Peach. It's thought to be a combo of the cameo and purple genes working together. If not peach, then maybe Bronze, although that's really more... well, bronze.

Great! I will check for pics online. Thanks!

Ok, sorry about the wait. I went off the grid for the weekend with my BF's family, and only just got back. Here's a picture I took last week of Blu's 2yo train:

And actually I realize now I caught Octavian's train as well- the opal in the background is my 2yo opal male. Neither of them have eye feathers or any real color in their trains yet.

Yes he does look Spalding to me too ~
Just if you look at the back of a pure Green peacock you'd see no barrings, while you would in a Spalding peacock.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_H18w7k5ViKE/TSAoWY_893I/AAAAAAAAAgM/c_LisdI67F0/s1600/emerald+green+2.jpg

But your bird could also be a high high hiiigh percent of spalding and the barrings would be less visible then later, when he grows up.
Such a pretty guy you have no matter what he is
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom