Chicken standing in the corner of the coop head tucked?

MommaChicken3..

Dawg53 is an expert at giving great advice...Sevin Dust 5 percent is safe and totally effective...he is one of the best attributes we have here for giving sound answers..don't let him know that I said this!!!!

MommaChicken3..

Dawg53 is an expert at giving great advice...Sevin Dust 5 percent is safe and totally effective...he is one of the best attributes we have here for giving sound answers..don't let him know that I said this!!!!
Great! Thank you guys for all your help I'm headed to the barn right now to check for mites and live and feed her eggs and tuna
1f604.png

Keep us informed please!!!
Wow! I am absolutely disgusted! I've never had a mite problem before!! I brought her out into the light and didn't even need to look for mites! The were ALL OVER HER!! I feel like a HORRIBLE MOMMY :( not to mention I am crawling out of my skin!!!!!!!!!

They all got some eggs and tuna out of the whole deal though!!

It's safe to say I'm sure they all have them now!!

Lice are white or off white in color. Mites look like black and/or red pepper. They look like mites in the pic. Mites suck blood and cause anemia, eventually death. Mites can take a chicken down quickly. This is probably why your hen has been lethargic etc...
If you have a magnifying glass, you can examine whatever parasite they are and compare them with the pics in this link to help you identify the one(s) you're dealing with:
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ig140

Lice are white or off white in color. Mites look like black and/or red pepper. They look like mites in the pic. Mites suck blood and cause anemia, eventually death. Mites can take a chicken down quickly. This is probably why your hen has been lethargic etc...
If you have a magnifying glass, you can examine whatever parasite they are and compare them with the pics in this link to help you identify the one(s) you're dealing with:
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ig140
For some reason I can't open the links you are sending me! They look like red mites! I am picking up the dust right now how exactly do I treat the coop and the birds

Wow! I am absolutely disgusted! I've never had a mite problem before!! I brought her out into the light and didn't even need to look for mites! The were ALL OVER HER!! I feel like a HORRIBLE MOMMY :( not to mention I am crawling out of my skin!!!!!!!!!

They all got some eggs and tuna out of the whole deal though!!

It's safe to say I'm sure they all have them now!!

Don't beat yourself up. ♡ We all go through it, and have all faced it the first time.

Treat them for it and take it in stride... and be grateful for small blessings that it was nothing "serious."

MrsB

Don't beat yourself up. ♡ We all go through it, and have all faced it the first time.

Treat them for it and take it in stride... and be grateful for small blessings that it was nothing "serious."

MrsB

I picked up 3 bottles of sevin dust. Dusted the entire coop and all of the birds! About how long does it take to see results? Could it be possible my girl is so far gone?

I picked up 3 bottles of sevin dust. Dusted the entire coop and all of the birds! About how long does it take to see results? Could it be possible my girl is so far gone?

They should start falling off her very soon, if not immediately. ♡

I bet you will see a different chicken in the morning. Maybe a little slow, still... but recovering. :)

MrsB

They should start falling off her very soon, if not immediately. ♡

I bet you will see a different chicken in the morning. Maybe a little slow, still... but recovering. :)

MrsB
Oh good!! I assumed it was pretty quick considering my glove didn't have one mite on it after treating all the girls and before the treatment of I just ran my hand down her back my glove would have about 20 mites on it! Hopefully she is doing much better in the morning if I don't lose her tonight. She was extremely lethargic before I left to pick up the dust, and as I was dusting her she seemed so lifeless. I could literally do anything I wanted with her and she did not care one bit. Pray for my little goldilocks tonight! She will need it! And thank you all so much for your time and help!!!

Back
Top Bottom