Chicken standing in the corner of the coop head tucked?

No, she was not egg bound. She was still laying regularly! She seemed to be doing much better. She went out, free-ranged the last few days, started gaining weight, she started eating again and was doing really well! But I came in last night to find her curled up in her little basket under her heat lamp and she had passed away. I'm going to miss my little girl so much! I know I did everything I could for her, but she's in a better place now! No more pain! That's what I have to keep telling myself!

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. At least she was comfortable until the end.
hugs.gif

You did everything you could for her... Some times, the good ones just can't stay.

Have you considered sending her in for a necropsy or performing one yourself?

MrsB

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. At least she was comfortable until the end. :hugs

You did everything you could for her... Some times, the good ones just can't stay.

Have you considered sending her in for a necropsy or performing one yourself?

MrsB

I have not, I was crying hysterically as I'm a sap for my babies!! My best friends boyfriend said he would bury her for me and so that's what he did. She is buried next to her friend who was attacked by a raccoon
1f622.png

Aww so sorry to hear of your little hen,
If she was snuggled up all warm under her lamp she must of gone peacefully, still very sad for you but like you said, now she is at peace.
X

I'm so very sorry for you...it is always so painful to lose one..especially those that need special care...a special baby for a special Momma..

Take care...
hugs.gif

My hens been standing around like this since morning. Yesterday she was up and running all over the place but today she's just like this.

I approached her to stroke her down but as soon as I pat her she gets up and walks away slowly.
She's not eating a lot it seems. I've seen her stretch the floor a little but that's all.

Back
Top Bottom