Chain link Panels for chicken runs - coop set up & Ideas

Above, the toothpicks represent each individual chain link panel. Here's an even more descriptive example.
p1070621-jpg.1529446

To decode the above, all you have to do is realize that the black marks on the tooth picks represent doors to the various pens.
I didn't read everything......but just had to say I LOVE THIS!!
As an old drafter, proportional layouts are most important when planning spaces,
and this is a brilliant way to represent your panels and doors.

I didn't read everything......but just had to say I LOVE THIS!!
As an old drafter, proportional layouts are most important when planning spaces,
and this is a brilliant way to represent your panels and doors.
Thanks aart, :bow

Since it is reconfigurable -- it really helps. Especially for visual or kinesthetic learners.

Originally this thread was going to supplement a listing in Buy-Sell-Trade here on BYC, however.......a buyer already stepped up to take the pens & equipment.

If I get a chance during the disassembly to grab a couple of photos, I'll post in this thread as the pens come down.
:frow
Congrats!
Was it someone here on BYC?

What are you going to use instead when you move, or are you done with chickens? I would like to know more about your center support. We have the same thing, but leaned the roof panels against each other and connected them. Two sections like that on our 10x20. Our center support(non-existant) ended up being our heavy duty chicken coop because the panels collapsed last night on top of it and bowed the one side wall. The coop looks ok but it is still holding it up.
20181116_092707.jpg
Oh, by the way, it was about 6 inches of wet snow and rain following, making ice. This was our first storm. Ugh.

What are you going to use instead when you move, or are you done with chickens? I would like to know more about your center support. We have the same thing, but leaned the roof panels against each other and connected them. Two sections like that on our 10x20. Our center support(non-existant) ended up being our heavy duty chicken coop because the panels collapsed last night on top of it and bowed the one side wall. The coop looks ok but it is still holding it up. View attachment 1591516Oh, by the way, it was about 6 inches of wet snow and rain following, making ice. This was our first storm. Ugh.
I don't think @ChicKat had to deal with snow. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom