Cats, Chickens, Nature, and Other Beautiful Things - A Photo Album

Pics

saving grace

Loving Life
Premium Feather Member
Feb 2, 2021
Canada
Hello everyone! :)

I love to share my photography with anyone and everyone, so I thought making my own thread here would be a good place to do just that. I don't use any professional equipment or anything, just my phone and a little basic editing, but to me, sometimes less is more. :p

There's something so satisfying about getting that perfect shot, and it's addicting always looking for good pictures. I love photography and am always looking for ways to improve and share my work with others. I hope you'll be able to enjoy it with me here. :D

Most of my photos shown here will be cats. There are always stray cats being dumped near our house (very sad and horrible :(), so we have a constant flow of cats coming in. We take care of them all, and are currently working with an amazing group that's been providing foster homes, cat food, and spay/neuter services, all for free.

We also have chickens and ducks on our little farm, and everyone gets along great.

Anyway, here are a couple shots to start off this thread.
Polish_20220616_134832078.jpg

Polish_20220616_134558095.jpg

Polish_20220616_134201640.jpg

Cats don't chase chickens? Wow, you are incredibly lucky. In my village, such a statement would be classified as a fantasy :) It's a big problem for us. It hurts me to admit that even my cat shows an unhealthy interest in poultry. I can't be cruel to him, so I'm trying to kick him out of the coop in the most gentle ways I've read here https://www.pestsbanned.com/cats/how-to-get-rid-of-cats/. But it can be difficult to choose an option that will scare away the cat and not make the birds worry. I confess I wanted to smear the chicken coop doors with lemon essential oil, but I don't think the chickens will respond well to this.

Cats don't chase chickens? Wow, you are incredibly lucky. In my village, such a statement would be classified as a fantasy :) It's a big problem for us. It hurts me to admit that even my cat shows an unhealthy interest in poultry. I can't be cruel to him, so I'm trying to kick him out of the coop in the most gentle ways I've read here https://www.pestsbanned.com/cats/how-to-get-rid-of-cats/. But it can be difficult to choose an option that will scare away the cat and not make the birds worry. I confess I wanted to smear the chicken coop doors with lemon essential oil, but I don't think the chickens will respond well to this.
We definitely are very lucky in that aspect. Other than kittens practicing pouncing methods, there is no chicken harassment. :lol:

I wonder if one cat has a tendency to attack chickens, if it will spread to the other cats around. It's too bad that usually once a cat learns a behaviour, it's very hard to train it out of them, let alone a whole bunch of cats. I wish you the best of luck with keeping your chickens same from your feline friends. :)

Back
Top Bottom