Can't read rabbit pedigree. . .please help?

ShellyBear

Songster
9 Years
Jun 10, 2010
I have a sable pointed Holland lop but I only got his parent pedigrees, yet I can't seem to understand the or my rabbit friends. Please help, and what might be the problem?

I sadly do not, he came with no ear tag number only the pedigree of his parents

Well thats rubbish. So, you only have the sire and dam's pedigrees? Can you tell which is which? You could make him a pedigree from the information on the parent's pedigrees, if you can figure them out. Evens Software is a pretty good pedigree software.

It looks like the breeder used Bunny Trails Software( http://www.bunnytrailssoftware.com/ ) to make these pedigrees, but completely slaughtered using it. By viewing a sample pedigree, maybe you could figure it out. I don't know if going back to the seller is neccessary, as long as you can figure out the parents pedigrees, you can make one yourself.
Btw, from the pedigrees, your sable pointed Holland looks like he'll be a winner!

Thank you so much, so I am totally new to this and I feel like a moron but as I'm looking at samples I still cant figure it out and its just all over the place but the pedigrees have the same logo and the bunny trails do.

Alright well I figured out that Trigger is the dad and Dark child is the mom but the way the breeder did it was almost not paring up the males and females correctly so. . .and the breeder is ignoring me.

Thank you so much, so I am totally new to this and I feel like a moron but as I'm looking at samples I still cant figure it out and its just all over the place but the pedigrees have the same logo and the bunny trails do.
Your'e not a moron. These pedigrees are screwed up. The sires and dams are all over the place, in seemingly no order at all.
Alright well I figured out that Trigger is the dad and Dark child is the mom but the way the breeder did it was almost not paring up the males and females correctly so. . .and the breeder is ignoring me.
Yeah, i think the pink lettering is the female predescessors, and the blue is male predescessors. That's annoying. Do you have more than one way of contacting them?

Thanks, yeah I agree. So with a bit of help I got my friend to get her phone number so I'm going to check that out after work but I think she is a child so we will see. . .

Back
Top Bottom