Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Pictures in posts, that were posted while the site was still on Huddler? We're still working on a script to redirect them.

These were ones I had posted in threads but never created an album for after the last upgrade in 2017.
Mostly sad about not having backed up the pics of my now gone pets.

It is my own fault for not backing up my data. 🥺

Hmmm, that must be a permissions thing. I think it can't be edited after two weeks for PFMs. It should probably be increased.
Hm, good to know. I put stuff in albums specifically when I want a fluid storage system for images that I can edit repeatedly and keep up to date. If that's not the intended function, then I can certainly do something else instead... just let me know what the verdict is. :caf

Maybe instead of seeing only the bad, we should be thankful that BYC staff sacrificed their sleep to get the site running quickly again. ;)

Personally, I'm quite enjoying it so far! Push notifications are going to be incredibly useful for me, and I can't wait to try out all the new features. @CarpCharacin , @Nifty-Chicken , @MattW , thank you so much for all the work you put in to get the site back up and running quickly.
Yes, THIS!

This is all very new to all of us. Yes, it will take time to learn now to navigate BYC all over again. There will always be things we may not care for on the new format, other functions will become useful as you use the new BYC. But lets not all jump to conclusion on how bad we think it is yet. Give it a chance, change is rough for all of us, but we can adapt! We can still post in our favorite threads, we can still chat with our friends, discuss our favorite bird, and again, we will work all these kinks out over time. This update is huge and we hope that all of you will be patient as we work to make BYC as comfortable as possible for all of us.

These were ones I had posted in threads but never created an album for after the last upgrade in 2017.
Mostly sad about not having backed up the pics of my now gone pets.

It is my own fault for not backing up my data. 🥺
Can you link where they were? Were they posted as attachments, or linked from somewhere else?

Hm, good to know. I put stuff in albums specifically when I want a fluid storage system for images that I can edit repeatedly and keep up to date. If that's not the intended function, then I can certainly do something else instead... just let me know what the verdict is. :caf
We'll probably increase it. I'm just tired, I've been awake since 6 PM yesterday. :th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom