Best EVER quail feeder *UPDATE #46*

I really hope the fellow makes good money on them I am not against making money I am just against shipping
smile.png

Quote:
I'm with ya, I'm all about doing for myself when I can, but for those trying to make a profit, more power to them! there are plenty of folks who would rather buy than make, so making it for yourself won't hurt.
smile.png
Please let me know how it turns out! I'm planning on doing the same with a hole saw and jigsaw as well!

I used a radial arm saw, jig saw, and a dremel. I like hole saw Idea, never thought of that... I may have to make another since I have Coturnix popcorn popping today.
smile.png

I made another tonight. This one is 6 or so inches and I'm using it in my small cage indoors. It took about 30 minutes now that I know what I'm doing. I drew out my pattern to be cut out and then used a dremel with a sanding drum on it to cut and smooth it out. It worked fine and came out nice I think. I used 3/8" cabinet board and cut out for the ends, notched the bottom of the feeder so I could have some legs made on it. I cut the wood out with a jig saw then sanded them smooth and used brads to nail them in.

I can provide some pics to anyone that would like them.

I emailed him a week or so ago and I still haven't heard back from him. As I was doing some cleaning last night found a 3 inch pvc pipe. Tried making one, and it turned out ok. Now just to figure something out for legs.

Bil

I emailed Jim two or so months ago with no reply either. Is he still doing business making these feeders? I just put some food in with 15 quail (half an hour ago) and most of it's on the tray under the wire now. The higher protein feed is so expensive too...if these feeders work well, it would be SO worth it to get some!
Thanks for any help with this..
Barbara

Back
Top Bottom