Best EVER quail feeder *UPDATE #46*

I use chick feeders and put 1/2 by 1/2 wire in it so they have to peck the food out. They waste the food buy pulling it onto them and dusting themselves with it. For the little bit of wasted food that drops i have small chicks that stay on the floors in all my coops to keep them clean. That way i dont have to feed the chicks and they eat every crumb. When they are too big i sell them and replace with more chicks from my hens. I have over 200 chicks and over 1000 quail so this set up works out good for me i feed two birds at a time. when chicks are grown and sold i take the money and buy feed.

They sure do pay for themselves.
I have 8 - 3" models in different Quail enclosures and have been using one for Silkie Chicks.
I also have 14 - 1" size in 14 different Button Quail cages. I wouldn't use anything else.

David

Quote:
I use the more narrow rabbit feeders and keep a quart sized cage cup under them. Someone else mentioned using them, but using duct tape to narrow the opening so they don't scratch out the feed.

41991_dscf2712.jpg

I made one of these PVC feeders almost identical to the one in the start of this thread. I have been using it and so far it has been the best feeder for quail I have seen or heard of. It works flawlessly.

I just have to say though, If your thinking about making one of these.... Just order one from Jim. Trust me it will be alot easier cause the time I spent making it and the cost of materials are probably more than what you can buy one for. I spent over 2 hours just making one. Just one! I have all the tools to make it easy but it is time consuming and if you figure labor in then it would just be better to support the original creator. LOL!

Quote:
This just really makes me want to make one now , you know the effect a dare has on a weak mind ROFLMAO

All I can say now is good luck and when your done I'll say... "I told you so!!" LOL

I considered making them too. For me though my most precious commodity is time...
Anyone have some time for sale? I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price. LoL..
Seriously for what he charges they're worth every penny.

David

Quote:
looks like a hole saw and a jig saw would make it a 5 minute affair to me I may be wrong I will report back and let Y'all know how it goes
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom