Best EVER quail feeder *UPDATE #46*

I bought 2 of these feeders to use in my Flight Cage which holds approx 90 Coturnix. They work GREAT!!! I have not seen any spilled feed and they are pretty easy to fill with a bucket. Great investment IMO....
Jim is a great guy to work with too.

David

Could someone PM me with Jim's email. I've got 25 eggs going in the incubator over the weekend so I foresee a need for these feeders.

Glad you liked them and glad I could help. Can't imagine having quail without these feeders.

Srsmith - you have a pm
frow.gif

I was feeding my quail in a round chick feeder with a pan under that to catch some of the feed, but still lots of waste. I bought Jim's 14" feeder for my 5 A&M quail and no more waste. They do get on top of it because I find maybe 2 poop droppings in it when I fill it back up. I am going to try making my own also. Let me know how your attempts turn out.
I wonder if they would work for chicken biddies ? A smaller version.

I am curious as to what is so different about this design that makes wasting feed a non issue. I really can't see any huge difference from let say a long feeder with the chick holes in it. The design sure is innovative so whats the trick ???.

AL

The feed is in the bottom 3/4 of the tube. The distance in between each hole keeps the feed from being slung out. the round top keeps them off of the feeder.

Back
Top Bottom