6 month old leghorn pullet violently attacking me worse than rooster

Pics

Purelychicks

Songster
Nov 15, 2022
Arkansas
She used to be so sweet and would sit in my lap, eat treats, and follow me everywhere up up til today. Now she’s flogging me, trying to “Spur” me, and making me bleed. She flew up to my face and grabbed my eyelid and I’m now bleeding. I don’t know what’s causing her to act like this someone please help! Is it their “teenage hormones?”

Oh my goodness!!! Are you sure it's not a boy do you have pics of the chicken this is crazy weird! What were you doing when she jumped at you?
Walking into their coop. And no it’s 100% not a cockerel. She’s always lightly pecked me for attention - but I’m not sure what’s up with the sudden personality change.

Teenage hormones are never this extreme. Do you have pictures? Even for a broody this is extreme behavior, but is there any chance she's broody? How does she act with the rest of the flock
She HATES the cockerels In the flock and often attacks them as-well. She’s only 6 months old and started laying a week ago so I doubt she’s broody. I’m wondering if for some reason today she’s viewing me as a rooster? She also likes being held but when I put her down she tries to chase me

She HATES the cockerels In the flock and often attacks them as-well. She’s only 6 months old and started laying a week ago so I doubt she’s broody. I’m wondering if for some reason today she’s viewing me as a rooster? She also likes being held but when I put her down she tries to chase me

When did this behavior start?

Send us pictures if you can! I wanna see how it looks

Send us pictures if you can! I wanna see how it looks
I went back up there and she RIPPED my earring out of the hole. Looks like I have to get it re-pierced.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg