~* 4th annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey/Chicken hatchathon! *~

That's strange. My hen has already brooded one set of eggs (she was scared off her nest and they didn't make it) and is working on another right now.
Maybe they have started nesting. Must just be ones in the wild that nest later than domestics. It makes sense as eggs would freeze here in Minnesota right now if they started making nests. The ducks have not even showed up here yet...

Happy Chooks was nice enough to edit the second post to include a list of participants that can be continually edited. If I missed your name please feel free to let me know and I will add you to the list! Also if you include which fowl you intend to hatch I will include that in the list as well.

Happy hatching!

Quote: they were hatched last summer, June or July I think.

Quote: It is still kind of cold here at nights. But I was wanting to hatch the eggs to sell the ducklings. A duck not laying for a month to hatch then for even longer to raise up at most 10 ducklings is not ideal for selling off ducklings.

Quote: That's strange. My hen has already brooded one set of eggs (she was scared off her nest and they didn't make it) and is working on another right now.
It must be your warmer weather.

What incubators do you all use?

Anyone have luck with LGs?

I have a Hova-bator 1602n, still air that I converted to circulated air(VERY cheap/free, computer fan(free from an old desktop cpu and recycle power supply). I get probably 95% hatch rate on my own eggs I set so I am quite happy with it. Little giants appear to have a new design now so I would have been equally as likely to try them, you definitely want circulated air for reliability though.

I saw some incubators on ebay that are very cheap and loaded with features and all plastic for easy cleaning, but they also aren't insulated so I imagine inefficient depending on your climate.

Back
Top Bottom