15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

March 9th would be a good date to set my second batch this year of BYM chicken eggs. My first batch is on day 4 now. I am new to incubating and am learning so much here. My daughter wants a flock of laying hens to sell eggs. We have raised meat hens the past two years and are looking forward to carrying eggs as well. I am collecting the eggs from our personal flock. We have Easter egger, olive egger, leghorn, blue ameraucana, buff and light brahama,and polish hens. The roosters are a leghorn, an Easter egger/leghorn cross and a black cooper maran.

In March I will put my Self Blue Ameraucana eggs in the Incubator. So I will do that March 9th just in time for Easter.

I am also working with a breeder on getting Celedon Coturnix Quail. I hopefully will be able to set those March 12. Now if I can just convince my husband to get me a second incubator for my birthday...

Update: I got the 2nd incubator as an early birthday present. The quail egg turner comes in the mail tomorrow. I got it on Etsy.

Now I just have to pick up the eggs for the celadon quail on March 10th.

It's that time again! Every year, many members from all over the world come together to set eggs to hatch on the exact same day, March 30th, 2024 - the day BEFORE Easter. As a group last year, we had 2443 eggs set for hatching! If you are new to hatching, this is a great way to get a lot of help, tips, and advice. Join in the fun for the largest BYC Hatch-Along of the year!

Type of EggDays to HatchSet Dates
Emu49 - 55February 4 to February 10
Muscovy duck35February 24
Goose28 - 32February 27 to March 2
Pheasant22 - 29March 1 to March 8
Mallard (derived) duck, goose,28March 2
Turkey, Guinea, Peafowl28March 2
Call duck and other bantam ducks26March 4
Bobwhite quail23March 7
Seramas other small bantams19 - 21March 9 to March 11
Chickens21March 9
Pigeons17 - 19March 11 to March 13
Coturnix quail18March 12
Doves14 - 16March 14 to March 16
Button quail16March 14

Set Chicken eggs on Saturday, March 9th, at Noon (whatever time zone you are in). Other poultry set dates are listed in the spoiler & table above. To join the hatch-along, simply post in this thread that you wish to enter, and we will add you! Set dates for each type of domestic fowl are listed above.

This is our main chat thread for the hatch-along, where you can find anything from new friends, and awesome incubation help, to the most detailed educational discussions possible, and how could we forget the laughter and fun!

This post of the hatch-along will be updated as we move along with all the important information you will need, but if you find yourself with a question, just post it on the thread, everyone is helpful!

All of the contests are held in separate threads. To enter each contest, you must visit each contest thread, read the rules, and enter the contest.

If you end up not setting any eggs, please let us know! It makes it easier for our record-keeping and we don't have to try to track you down!

Places to find hatching eggs:

Incubation, Hatching, & Baby Chick Threads

Educational hatching articles:

All of the contests are held in separate threads. To enter each contest you must visit each contest thread, read the rules, and enter the contest. Check back here daily for links to the contests.

15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along Contests
2024  EHAL Contests.png

Click on a picture to enter the contest!
⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️
2023 Cutest baby fowl photo contest.png
Brinsea.png
Cutest Baby Fowl Photo Contest

2023 Hatching Fowl Photo Contest.png
Hatching Chick Photo Contest

Easter_Guess_Set.jpg
Guess How Many Eggs Will Be Set!

Easter_Shipped.jpg
Farthest Shipped Eggs!

These contests are brought to you by our BYC Sponsors
(click to view & support them)

The hatch-along is open to all BYC members.
All contest prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules).
I have some button quail eggs for that time to incubate. I love this! Chicks all over the world hatching!

I would like to set for this with chicken eggs. Course I will probably have to win an auction on Ebay. There are some nice Opal Legbars that don't look out of my league. If I can find the seller of rainbow eggs that had true pink eggs I might try to get some of them. My girls are taking a break since that week of super cold weather blew through. Although if they start again if anyone is interested in Red Range or full size Cochin roo over a Red Ranger hen, a white CornishX hen or a Cochin hen I'll trade 6 eggs with you.

I'm setting emu eggs today :) Expecting they'll hatch anywhere from the 24th to April 3rd.
:pop That's a long wait.

I will definitely be hatching! I have a few people who want chicks, so best get hatching!
:wee Welcome!

March 9th would be a good date to set my second batch this year of BYM chicken eggs. My first batch is on day 4 now. I am new to incubating and am learning so much here. My daughter wants a flock of laying hens to sell eggs. We have raised meat hens the past two years and are looking forward to carrying eggs as well. I am collecting the eggs from our personal flock. We have Easter egger, olive egger, leghorn, blue ameraucana, buff and light brahama,and polish hens. The roosters are a leghorn, an Easter egger/leghorn cross and a black cooper maran.
Welcome! Best of luck with your current hatch.

I’m in! Either from my own eggs or shipped eggs 🤪
Awesome. Let us know what you get!

Update: I got the 2nd incubator as an early birthday present. The quail egg turner comes in the mail tomorrow. I got it on Etsy.

:yesss: Wow, you managed it.

I have some button quail eggs for that time to incubate. I love this! Chicks all over the world hatching!
Sounds great! Button quail are fun birds.

I would like to set for this with chicken eggs. Course I will probably have to win an auction on Ebay. There are some nice Opal Legbars that don't look out of my league. If I can find the seller of rainbow eggs that had true pink eggs I might try to get some of them. My girls are taking a break since that week of super cold weather blew through. Although if they start again if anyone is interested in Red Range or full size Cochin roo over a Red Ranger hen, a white CornishX hen or a Cochin hen I'll trade 6 eggs with you.
Good luck, hopefully you can win an auction. :fl

Wow that's amazing. When is your birthday? I just got my first incubator for any anniversary presents and have set 41 eggs. Hopefully, March 2 they will hatch. Maybe I could a second one for my birthday in April :lau this stuff is Addicting!

Wow that's amazing. When is your birthday? I just got my first incubator for any anniversary presents and have set 41 eggs. Hopefully, March 2 they will hatch. Maybe I could a second one for my birthday in April :lau this stuff is Addicting!

My birthday is at the end of February. So we picked the Nuture Right 360 up at tractor supply. This is second NR 360.

What incubator did you get?

Back
Top Bottom