I CALLED ABOUT A CHICKEN SWAP FOR TRACTOR SUPPLY IN AUGUSTA MAINE

blueseal

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 3, 2008
WALDOBORO MAINE
I TALKED TO A LADY AND SHE SAID SHE WOULD LET HER SOPERVISOR KNOW MONDAY AND GET BACK TO ME. SHE SAID HE WOULD GO ALONG WITH IT JUST DONT KNOW WHAT DATE YET SO I SHOULD GET A CALL NEXT WEEK. IM HOPING FOR A END OF JUNE SATURDAY OR SUNDAY.

I will check with relatives in waterville and see if I can tolerate them for a weekend . its nearly a 4 hour drive for me and an overnight is in order.
can you get a list of near by camp grounds and list it here.
for some of us its a very long drive, anywhere from 2 to 4 hours and over night accomidations would be helpfull to know before hand.

have the Supervisor contact Ken or Ben at TSC Milford Nh ( 603) 249 8912
That way they will know what to expect and what to be sure to have on hand, nothing worse than going to a swap and having them be out of something desperately needed.( this has happened down here before).
Advertise advertise advertise. make sure you hit craigs list , uncle henrys, local papers etc make signs, flyers, etc have the store put up a poster flyers in the check out bags.

here is a list of campgrounds in the area- book early because afterall, it IS camping season they will fill up early. if anyone can think of others in the area, please add them to the list.

augusta west resort (winthrop) 377-9993
beaver brook, N. monmouth 933-2108
the birches, litchfield 268-4330
foggybottom rv campground,farmingdale 592-6185
giodano's campground/rec. winslow 8732408
greenvalley campground ,vassalboro 923-3000
more to life family campground, E winthrop 395-4908
Augusta / Gardiner KOA richmond 582-5086

Quote:
Just a heads up, I checked out TSC in Augusta a couple of weeks ago. There is limited parking and the grass area is all newly seeded, once the grass takes hold there will be plenty of area but right now it looked iffy to me.

Quote:
Just a heads up, I checked out TSC in Augusta a couple of weeks ago. There is limited parking and the grass area is all newly seeded, once the grass takes hold there will be plenty of area but right now it looked iffy to me.

what kind of bussiness like that doesnt have a big parking lot . geesh. that dont sound good. are they near walmart.

does it have that side lot that the delivery truck uses? thats all you really need, if people park off the hot top and that leaves walking space. although you need to know what day the delivery truck comes so your not in the way.

Quote:
I'll be back in Augusta on Wednesday and will drive in and check again, but I was surprised at the small parking area. It is surrounded by fields but that was reseeded adjacent to the parking area. It's about a mile north of WalMart and the Civic Center.

Well, here is the thing, TSC sponsers these events. IF your area has a law like Oxford has been asked to do, is that you would need a permit to sell in the area. Not only that, but for some reason we all have been doing it with TSC, bathroom, feed and water.
Now, if we took up 1/4 of the parking at the "dead end" , that would give us a neat area.
Also, there are folks from the Oxford event that want to join us in Augusta. The folks that build bat houses, the Rabbit club and here is the actual letter I just received from the bat house couple:
" The one in Scarborough has a huge parking area on three sides. Although we deal in bats and not birds (yet!!!), we are willing to help do whatever we could to set up events at either location... just let us know! I also know of a group of Cadets in the Portland area always looking to do a community service project or fundraisers for their squadron (there is also the same organization in Augusta) such as the 4H did in Oxford. Thank you again...""Down To Earth Carpentry" <[email protected]>
Pam & Jim Savage

There, if anyone of you are interested in a Bat house, no, no bats were harmed at the Oxford Event! I had mentioned that if they had a spot that would be good to set up for a chickenstock that I would be glad to help out, be involved. (they are going to have chickens...really soon, way soon! ha ha)​

Back
Top Bottom