I CALLED ABOUT A CHICKEN SWAP FOR TRACTOR SUPPLY IN AUGUSTA MAINE

Well, it costs$12 dollars a year for a family membership, if your further up in Maine, Central Maine Bird Fanciers Club. We do pot lucks with no money passed at every meeting and event. If there is a charge for food, it goes into the club fund for educational material and fair cage set ups.
Either way, anyone can do as they please. I'm proud of being in a club, we are together for the good of our Agricultural Fairs that support 4-H clubs, back yard people and showing at the fair.
When we have "pure" breed shows, like the Basket show, you learn breed Standards, feather standards, kids to show and know how to handle birds.
The reason I say pure breeds is that there is nothing wrong with Hybrids, that is what I own, mutts. I do not show mine, yet when someone is out to "make points" its to come as close as they can by working with, washing, dusting and all that stuff that I don't have a clue of, to show a bird that is with the Book Of Standards.
As we continue this reading into something, I am sorry for the poor words that I use. No one looks down on anyone in the poultry feild. Anyone can come, not join and hang out. Like I said, you guys can come and join in on any event you choose. Contact the President of the club, send me a message and I'll give you his phone number, so sorry I once again said anything.
If anyone wants to join in on a meeting, we will be at the Farmington, Maine Fairgrounds at 10 am. I have no idea what time it ends, but come in, you know what I look like feel free to bring a list of questions.
We do not charge a dues at each meeting. A couple times there have been raffles, a member donates something, like the quilt that was made special. Then after each meeting, we have a fun raffle. That can be used items such as waterers, feed dishes, plates, mugs, food what ever.
We also have found out where to pick up insurance on your Birds (liability), either from your homeowners and there is another place to pick up insurance but I'd have to ask, or, I'm most certain you can go online here and find out.
Personally, I enjoy belonging to a club, we do a lot for the 4-H and community by hiring the judge(s) at all of the events. It is not cheap!We go into the fair, paint signs, pick up around, paint buildings and arrange the poultry barn in a way that will improve it for the community.
In Farmington for instance, it was the first year to have poultry at the Fair. It was such a success that we had 400 (+/-) birds, why commercial birds are not judged.
So don't dis clubs as I have nothing against BYC. All play a very amazing roll in this world.

I give up. Its to bad. No one in "Maine" or clubs look down on anyone, we all should all get along together.
The Windsor show, from what I understood they were selling birds, but you had to have a bird in the show. Now I don't know how that happens at the Basket show. I never paid attention.
As I said, all are welcome to join or attend any meeting. Like I have also said, send me a message if you want the president of the NNEBFA.

Quote:
Like Spook said...this Sunday, June 14th, the NNEBF Club will be having their monthly meeting at the Farmington, ME Fairgrounds.

We'll all be there, including the officers of the club who will be glad to answer any questions.

Last edited:
regardless to where you placed it, no one is looking down on anyone. We are in it for the same thing. Some are pickier then others, some aren't. But to place in any show, it has to qualify with the book of Standards.

Back
Top Bottom