Your 2024 Garden

Pics
I'm lucky enough to be able to grow all year round. Frost is my biggest determining factor in planning what to plant when. This year I'm going to start keeping a diary of my vegetable garden. Rainfall, Temperature, Sowing/Planting dates etc. I've finished all the bed building so now it's all about building soil and soil biology.
There are some really good garden journals out there you could utilize if you haven't gotten one yet. Nice to write what day you planted what and when you harvested etc

There are some really good garden journals out there you could utilize if you haven't gotten one yet. Nice to write what day you planted what and when you harvested etc
My wife bought me a specific gardening journal last xmas and I barely used it so this year I bought a cheap A4 sized business diary and will use that. The journals were too "busy" for my simple brain 🤣

Good reminder about marigolds, I bought a pack of seeds last year and put them in the "flower" section of my seed holder and forgot all about them. I'll try a few in my vegetable garden this year and see how they do.

Nasturtium grows well here and reseeds easily, and I like adding some of the flowers to salads for an extra touch, but it unfortunately attracts a lot of aphids, to the point that I don't really want to plant more of it. Plus the chickens still don't want to eat it.

Back
Top Bottom