Your 2024 Garden

Pics
Purple hull peas, bell peppers and a few more marigolds are planted.
Still got to plant the cayenne.

Green pea pods are swelling with peas. No sign of mildew yet. I know it's coming always does as the humidity starts to get bad. Hope I can get a few pickings before it gets them.

I still need to plant some mellons and winter squash. I also want to plant some zinnias and sunflowers.

We need some rain so today I have to water. Then I need to run errands. I'd rather be in the garden! 😂

Still no rain, so I watered.
IMG_20240502_171736420_HDR~3.jpg

IMG_20240502_171750286_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20240502_171725215_HDR~2.jpg

Something ate the first leaves off a few of the beans...
:rolleyes:

Some of the plants in the green house would like to move outside, but they need to hang tight for another 3-4 weeks.

Like the luffas. I planted 21 seeds, 3 to a pot, and dang it! they ALL came up! This never happens! I was expecting one or two per pot, with some zilchos in there. Last year, I got 4, count 'em, FOUR! out of a packet of 20ish seeds.
:barnie

I know y'all feel sorry for me, right? :lau

Lookin' Good!
Thank you!

I still have not planted my melons, partly because I don't have a spare trellis until the peas are done.

And it was 90° here, the heat got to me today, I could only putter around the gardens. I have to slowly acclimate to the summer heat, can't rush it or I get heat exhaustion.

I'm going to go water in a few, it's not as bad as the evening rolls in.

Nearly 90 again here today. I didn't go out after early morning chores until after 6 this evening. Then I finished thinning the sweet corn and took care of chickens that needed something. I did order tomato seed to day for some paste tomatoes and some for an improved Celebrity that can be used for BLT's or canning. Never have grown them before so it is an experiment. The paste tomato is from here:
https://growhoss.com/products/invincible-tomato?variant=47689314074934
They are supposed to be resistant to a key disease found here in the Southeastern States.

I've up and done it. I ordered a pound of King of the Garden pole Lima beans along with a reusable trellis netting. Lima Beans are so expensive and never taste like home grown. Bush Lima beans can be so hard on the back to pick. I'll have one row of them and then the pole Lima beans too.

Back
Top Bottom