YELLOW POOP!!! LETHARGIC HEN!!! SOMEONE HELP

chickenman101

Songster
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
North Carolina
a few days ago i noticed my hen had diarriah and was acting funny with her feathers ruffled and she would just stand there whilr the others moved around freely.. she even stands while sleeping at night. someone said she may need to be wormed so today i mixed wazine with the flocks drinking water. im not sure if she drank any or not. today when i got home she was acting the same and i noticed her poo was really yellow and runny. could this be from the medicine? i decided to take her away from the flock and put her by herself. is diarria another symptom of anyhthing in particular as well as the way she is acting funny? also since i put her by herself should i add more wazine to her water so i can see if shes drinking it or should i wait a few days since she may have drank it today? is their anything else i can give her to treat diarria? or does anyone have any other ideas on what it could be? thanks for all the help!!

Last edited:
someone posted this for me and I found it very helpful and have been posting it now as well. check it out before you panic
big_smile.png

some yellow poos are normal:

http://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0

oh I ment to also say that with the other symptoms she may be sick but there are some pics of those types of poo there also.

Last edited:
thanks thats pretty nasty but helpful!! lol Its not so much the poo im worried about as much as i am about the change in her. she almost just acts lethargic and depressed

Wow that is the most informative Poo Page I have seen. Thanks for the link. It would be helpful to many people.

Quote:
that would make me worry too I would ad it to your title and see if others can step in I know very little about sick chickens, but am learning the hard way....

I am glad you added lethargic hen. That is a different story. It worries me when I see lethargic hen. That is not normal. Can you tell us any other signs. Is she eating? Are her eyes closed most of the time? Is she walking around much or just standing still?

You might try researching blackhead on google. My turkey had it and I got over over it with a BIG dose of cayenne pepper in the water and feed. If you use it be aggressive with the pepper. I used a bottle in 3 days. Should work pretty fast, in about a day, if it's blackhead. The chickens like the pepper. Sounds like blackhead but I'm no chicken expert, just researched the blackhead a good bit, but for turkeys, not chickens.

i noticed all this tuesday, she wasnt eating and she was just standing in one spot, yesterday she was moving around eating and acting fine. today she is back to just standing there fluffed up standing in a daze and she has the ( runs)

Back
Top Bottom