Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have multiple large and small flocks

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I have multiple large flocks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm off the charts

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
I have a about 7 little flocks (breeding groups) D’Uccles, Brahma bantam, Japanese, OEGB, Silkie, rooster flock, and grow out flock. I do separate my colors and breeds when I breed so then I have even more flocks when I do that.
I’ve also got one medium sized standard flock and a large bantam mixed flock.

It’s easier to have the 5 gallon waters and 5 gallon bucket feeders.

I plan to down sized my mixed bantam flock, my rooster flock and my brown red mottled D’Uccles project (mainly getting rid of the hens I no longer need for the project).

I would like a add a small modern game bantam flock this year. And maybe silkied Cochin flock, bantam shamo/alsil flock and probably other bantam breeds in the future.
You have like all the chickens on my bantam wishlist

I have a about 7 little flocks (breeding groups) D’Uccles, Brahma bantam, Japanese, OEGB, Silkie, rooster flock, and grow out flock. I do separate my colors and breeds when I breed so then I have even more flocks when I do that.
I’ve also got one medium sized standard flock and a large bantam mixed flock.

It’s easier to have the 5 gallon waters and 5 gallon bucket feeders.

I plan to down sized my mixed bantam flock, my rooster flock and my brown red mottled D’Uccles project (mainly getting rid of the hens I no longer need for the project).

I would like a add a small modern game bantam flock this year. And maybe silkied Cochin flock, bantam shamo/alsil flock and probably other bantam breeds in the future.
I been thinking about starting something like a breeding flock and a layer flock. The breeding flock is where I hope to harvest from down the road. The initial idea was a brown and a black flock. The brown would be mostly Buckeyes, the black flock will likely be a variety of breeds.

I have 12 (8 hens, 4 pullets) aged 6-7ish weeks, 4 years, 6 years and 8 years old. I built for 12 so currently at max capacity. They're pets, yard decor, egg providers and compost makers. I currently only have a single hen laying so we need the babies to grow up and contribute!

I been thinking about starting something like a breeding flock and a layer flock. The breeding flock is where I hope to harvest from down the road. The initial idea was a brown and a black flock. The brown would be mostly Buckeyes, the black flock will likely be a variety of breeds.
That's where I'm at. Breed flock and mixed flock for hybrids and Eggers.

My main coop is divided into 2 identical sides. Each side run is about 30 feet by 12 feet or something like that, and there is about 15 on each side. I mainly seperate my birds by size and breed, so on the left side is mostly Ameraucanas and a few other random breeds, and on the right side is a mixed flock of mostly brown egg layers. Then I have 2 large dog kennel coops in the back. One is kinda just an extra pen that I normally keep chicks in when they move outside, but right now I have my peafowl in there. Then the other dog kennel has a flock of 8 chickens so far, all seramas. I also have a barn where I have a large brooder split in half. One half has my quail, the other has my baby chicks. I haven't counted all the birds in awhile, but it's definetly over 60

I have
4 2 year old hens
1 older pullet
5 7 week old chicks
2 4 week old chicks who are cockerels so i cant keep them

And 3 3 day old chicks

The 7 week and 4 week are in a seperate coop until i can rehome or tell pullet/cockerels. Then they will move into the bigger coop.

Tips:Build as big as possible because chicken math is real

Back
Top Bottom