What is my Broad Breasted White Turkey sick with?

CyborgBabyMama20

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2024
My 6 week old WBT has been sick for a few days now. I have been trying to get her back on her feet and she is very resilient. Today when I let the birds out she was on her side, she lifted her head shakily and looked at me. I got her picked up and she stood in a corner.

Her wings are droopy, and her feathers are unkempt. She also shakes almost constantly. But she is eating and drinking fine. She seems to be smaller and weaker than my other three turkey. Yesterday she left the coop, and seemed to be doing better. Today she’s back to seeming worse obviously. What do you guys think? Could it be a parasitic infection? Is it blackhead?

The only thing I can think is that my young brothers were visiting from out of state and they were enjoying feeding the birds worms they found around my house. This was about a week and a half/two weeks ago.
All of my other birds are vibrant, their poops seem fine, I don’t have concerns at this time. So could it be parasites? Or something else?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    544.9 KB · Views: 28
My 6 week old WBT has been sick for a few days now. I have been trying to get her back on her feet and she is very resilient. Today when I let the birds out she was on her side, she lifted her head shakily and looked at me. I got her picked up and she stood in a corner.

Her wings are droopy, and her feathers are unkempt. She also shakes almost constantly. But she is eating and drinking fine. She seems to be smaller and weaker than my other three turkey. Yesterday she left the coop, and seemed to be doing better. Today she’s back to seeming worse obviously. What do you guys think? Could it be a parasitic infection? Is it blackhead?

The only thing I can think is that my young brothers were visiting from out of state and they were enjoying feeding the birds worms they found around my house. This was about a week and a half/two weeks ago.
All of my other birds are vibrant, their poops seem fine, I don’t have concerns at this time. So could it be parasites? Or something else?
Your Broad Breasted White turkey may be suffering from coccidiosis.

If it is Blackhead, she would have yellow droppings.

Post pictures of her droppings for @casportpony.

If it is coccidiosis you need to get her on Corid immediately.

BTW, there is no such variety as a White Breasted turkey. There are a number of different White varieties and there are Broad Breasted White ones.

BTW, there is no such variety as a White Breasted turkey. There are a number of different White varieties and there are Broad Breasted White ones.
Apologies. That’s what I meant to say.

I will try to get a picture today. It could be that… it seems when I added acidifier, probiotics, and electrolytes to her water it helped her perk up.

Back
Top Bottom