What can be wrong with my chicken please help!!

I am glad she is healing.

The T-Shirt will keep the wound protected from her pecking and at the same time allow proper ventilation.
Good morning thank you. Yes we had no idea at first what to put on her but then we came up with that idea and it's been working pretty good we just have to keep checking on her because she is an active one lol. She is pretty much a baby she and her technically siblings turned one and the beginning of this month. We still have her mom and dad also. Her dad is pretty active to he is the one with the swollen foot I posted on him too. I really appreciate it you answering me and giving me the information because many times we can feel lost. Since I am pretty new with my chickens we have
diffrent breeds. I remember my grandma having chickens.

So happy to hear that the Tee shirt has allowed her to
keep from pecking, and that her wound is very small. Soon you may want to post a new picture, just for folks to see the wound progression. I don’t think that you need to ring anymore, but you can make those out of foam for water pipes, or with rolled cloth taped around the neck. If she tries pecking the bare skin later, I would some ointment with menthol, such as BenGay or a similar crème. Vicks salve would also be good, and many chickens will avoid pecking those due to the taste and odor. But the Tee Shirt is just fine for the near future, and less messy.

Hi also if I can ill try to take another picture today so you guys can see the progress. To us it seems smaller and smaller compared to where we started.
It seems unbelievable that the skin could regrow to cover that massive space...but I've seen it before on here.
Looking forward to progress pics.

Hi all here is a recent picture we are almost there of the cut almost closing completely and we feel more relieve for that.

Attachments

• 20240402_122652.jpg
    20240402_122652.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 3
Hi all have an update sorry I didn't do it before be we are so happy that she healed!! It was alot of work but we made it!! Thank you all!! It's amazing how it healed.

Attachments

• 20240414_110954.jpg
    20240414_110954.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 2
Yes she is eating and drinking well and being very active.no food or water leaking. No vet here thats the hard part.

Great that the crop isn't punctured, or at least it'e healing up some?
We use Vetericn as a cleaning and healing poultry wound dress, but DO cover it with sports wrap and antibiotic ointment and be sure to change the wrap every day so it's not getting infected or smelly until the skin is healed... Hope she feels well soon!

Hi so an update to me her wound looks better. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 20240323_120656.jpg
    20240323_120656.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom