@WannaBeHillBilly i forgot to tell you!

The c64 mini that just came out is a mini c64 with build in games. But it uses all the original lines of basic!

if you boot it into basic it actualy works exactly the same as the original c64 and you can even hack tape drives and 5.25 floppy drives to it

alot of people are buying them and putting them inside original c64 cases. the you have a 1 chip c64

View attachment 1784578
Cool! I didn't knew that. I am using the Versatile Commodore Emulator on my laptop. I not only have C64 games, but also really old PET stuff and VIC20 programs.

Now basic is waaayyy before my time. DOS is before my time... MSDOS is getting closer... Windows 3.1 is my cup of tea!
Now i feel really old… Got my hands on a CBM 8032 in 1982 at school and bought my first C64 in 1984. WfW 3.11 was my first contact to networks and i used OS/2 to host a Fido-Net mailbox.

The 8032 was just a buisness style PET with a chiklet keyboard right?

Thats ancient technology!

My first gate to the networks was a 1997 packard bell intell pentium 2 586 with 256mb of ram, Voodoo 3 graphics and a soundblaster gold compatable soundcard.
MSDOS6
Windows 95 with USB

it was when bulletin boards were dieing out and real websites were starting. Old modem dial up.

Doom
Quake
Unreal torniment

Back
Top Bottom