!!!URGENT!!! Neighbors dog killed all of my ducks. This is not the first time.

Pics
There's that saying »good fences make good neighbors« - but you also need to talk to your neighbor (the one who wants to get a golden retriever) and ask them to be responsible with their new dog.
As for the black labrador "breeder" - that sounds like a puppy-mill and should be reported. If a dog is 2 miles away from its home its a feral dog and all rules for feral dogs should be applied.
They're not a puppy mill but they said they'll make sure it won't happen again but Idk, they don't breed the dog often and they're extremely sorry.

Last edited:
First the sheriff to file a report. It will be on record. Hopefully, you have pics. Everything has to be documented as well as possible. If a visit to the offending owner doesn't give you an agreeable resolution, then an attorney. Often, just a nasty letter from an attorney outlining what you expect, including damages, will take care of it, because very few people want to actually go to court.

If your state is a one party consent state for recording, record any conversation you have with your neighbor. That takes away the "I didn't say that" factor. But ONLY if you live in a one party consent state.

Good luck. I'm sorry that you are going through this.

Last edited:
Building Fort Knox comes at high cost and not everyone has that money laying around in a drawer...
Imho it is better to address the problem at its root, meaning the dog-owner
I took responsibility for my pets safety and didn't depend on on my neighbors cooperation. He lost close to 40 chickens by being negligent and I didn't lose one.

Just irresponsible people. I bet they also trashed their house before selling it…
Yes It looks like a tornado hit it , garbage everywhere! He leased the house from the only attorney in town (his father was our police commissioner)Going to the authorities was pointless in our situation but thankfully they moved after 3 yrs

Last edited:
Building Fort Knox comes at high cost and not everyone has that money laying around in a drawer...
Imho it is better to address the problem at its root, meaning the dog-owner.
If I relied on our county authorities to do their job I wouldn't have a chicken left. If I'd caught their dog in the act of killing my chickens I could have sued but I have better things to do than waste it in court with an irresponsible dog owner

Back
Top Bottom