!!!URGENT!!! Neighbors dog killed all of my ducks. This is not the first time.

Pics
Never expect the justice system to right a wrong . They'll only smack these irresponsible dog owners on the wrist and make them pay a fine. After we all go home we get to bury the dead birds and raise a new batch.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-15 9.20.31 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-15 9.20.31 PM.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2024-02-15 8.29.02 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-15 8.29.02 PM.png
    238.4 KB · Views: 14
I didn't think poodles would kill chickens either but they will
Not every poodle. Not every retriever. Not every ... any dog.

This is not the scope of this thread, but dogs can be taught to co-exist peacefully with chickens. My Golden and Sheltie do. They share mealworms with the birds at snack time. Maybe I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Not every poodle. Not every retriever. Not every ... any dog.

This is not the scope of this thread, but dogs can be taught to co-exist peacefully with chickens. My Golden and Sheltie do. They share mealworms with the birds at snack time. Maybe I'll post a pic tomorrow.
The neighbor claimed his poodles were protecting his chickens until we caught them killing them

Building fort knox cops and fences is the only way to protect birds .All dogs have a prey drive even the poodles we rescued across the street
I wouldn't say "all." In your experience perhaps that's all you've dealt with though. We have two dogs that protect our property and they keep the varments (fox, skunks, raccoons, even bear, etc.) off of our property and they do not leave the property. They aren't "prey driven" they just protect our property.

Attachments

• Josie and maggie on guard 2.jpg
    Josie and maggie on guard 2.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 12
I wouldn't say "all." In your experience perhaps that's all you've dealt with though. We have two dogs that protect our property and they keep the varments (fox, skunks, raccoons, even bear, etc.) off of our property and they do not leave the property. They aren't "prey driven" they just protect our property.
The only thing we can count on this guy to do is to pass out gift cards when it kills animals

Back
Top Bottom