Trying the Photos, Wish me Luck

I dont know, I am new at this but, they have higher wooden roosts. It is 50 degrees here. If I am wrong please let me know. It does get cold at night. I will do a search for it.

Edbama,
I don't know where Slocum is but here in NE Alabama it is often freezing at this time of year. 18 Deg. last night. Metal roosting poles would not be good at all for the chickens. If they roost on something else they should be ok to use the metal poles as resting places during the day but the preferred roosting material is a 2x4 with the wide side up. That way they can crouch down and cover their feet with feathers. Some people also use branches but if you decide to use that remove the bark it can contribute to bumble foot.

Welcome to BYC and the ever growing chickens addiction. I agree the rooster looks to be a game bird of some type. They seem to be the preferred bird here in Alabama.

Thanks for the info. I did put 2 x 4's across the steel. Slocomb is right on the Florida line about 20 miles from the Georgia line. I think we had 2 nights this year that went to below freezing.
cool.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom