This is why Menards online ordering is a scam...

Thanks for the update.

I, too, wish that prices were "apples to apples," showing cost of item and shipping. I understand that sales tax differs from state to state.

The added on fees...? Those should be right there in black and white, for all to see, and the reason for the fee should be there too. "Processing" or "small order" or "online order," just spell it out.

I'm getting more and more ticked off about businesses tacking on a (pretty hefty) 3.5% "convenience" fee for me to use a credit card. One more thing that businesses are passing to the consumer to pay for.

Yes, I know banks charge businesses a fee when a customer charges an item. That used to be a "cost of doing business." Not one of your costs I'm going to pay, sorry. I'll either pay by check, cash, or go elsewhere. "Elsewheres" are going away...

I, too, wish that prices were "apples to apples," showing cost of item and shipping. I understand that sales tax differs from state to state.

:old Yep, in my defense, both the $115.00 "Local Delivery" and the $8.81 "Ship to Home" were just listed under the generic "Shipping" in the checkout without spelling out the difference. It makes a big difference.

I'm getting more and more ticked off about businesses tacking on a (pretty hefty) 3.5% "convenience" fee for me to use a credit card. One more thing that businesses are passing to the consumer to pay for.

:idunno Years ago, I thought it was some kind of law, or rule, that you were supposed to pay the same price for an item whether or not you paid in cash, or used a credit card. Was not that part of the vendors agreement with the credit card companies in order to accept their cards for payment? I don't think I have ever seen a retail store offering a "cash discount" as part of the payment.

Years ago, I thought it was some kind of law, or rule, that you were supposed to pay the same price for an item whether or not you paid in cash, or used a credit card. Was not that part of the vendors agreement with the credit card companies in order to accept their cards for payment? I don't think I have ever seen a retail store offering a "cash discount" as part of the payment.
I remember gas stations making a big deal many years ago, same price cash or charge. I never charge my gas, but I don't see that advertised anymore.

I've had a couple of large expenses in the last few months, and both times the invoice was marked with a 3.5% "convenience charge" for charging the bill to a credit card. :mad:

I've had a couple of large expenses in the last few months, and both times the invoice was marked with a 3.5% "convenience charge" for charging the bill to a credit card. :mad:

That's too bad. I pay off my credit card balance every month, so I use the credit card for the convenience of not carrying around cash plus I get a cash reward of 1.5% on my purchases using the credit card. I guess you are paying for my rewards! :tongue

If a company tacks on a fee for using the credit card, I try to buy from a different store if the price is the same. Or, it's paying by cash or check to avoid paying any credit card tack on fee.

Although I am not advocating for the use of Gift Cards from a store, my local Fleet store sells their Gift Cards for 10% off about 3 times per year. I am always buying something from the Fleet store when I go into town, so I will purchase a couple hundred dollars worth of Gift Cards for myself and just consider that as my "credit card" for shopping at the Fleet store. Over the years, that system of using Gift Cards purchased at a 10% discount has saved me hundreds of dollars on everyday purchases.

That's too bad. I pay off my credit card balance every month, so I use the credit card for the convenience of not carrying around cash plus I get a cash reward of 1.5% on my purchases using the credit card. I guess you are paying for my rewards
Oh, I pay my card off, in full, every month. I have not carried a balance on a card in decades. And yes, I get the 1.5% cash back too.:)
If a company tacks on a fee for using the credit card, I try to buy from a different store if the price is the same. Or, it's paying by cash or check to avoid paying any credit card tack on fee.
In this case, it was a professional service, and I paid them by check. I absolutely will not pay 3.5% extra. No way, no how. I wanted to charge it for the 1.5% back. :)

I, too, wish that prices were "apples to I'm getting more and more ticked off about businesses tacking on a (pretty hefty) 3.5% "convenience" fee for me to use a credit card. One more thing that businesses are passing to the consumer to pay for.
I've always been a fan of cash. Never had a credit card or wanted one.
I now have a bank account and a debit card because my boss started using a pay app for payroll so it's a necessity to get paid.
I'd still rather use cash but everywhere charges fees to pull cash from my card. Hate that.
I wasn't aware of what you mentioned until today. I had to get a tire repaired and there was a $3 fee to pay by card.
So ya now I get paid on an app. Unless I want to wait 1 to 3 days for the transfer there's a fee. If I want to pull cash there's a fee. And now there's fees to use the card.
I think we're getting screwed from every direction.

I've always been a fan of cash. Never had a credit card or wanted one.
I now have a bank account and a debit card because my boss started using a pay app for payroll so it's a necessity to get paid.
I'd still rather use cash but everywhere charges fees to pull cash from my card. Hate that.
I wasn't aware of what you mentioned until today. I had to get a tire repaired and there was a $3 fee to pay by card.
So ya now I get paid on an app. Unless I want to wait 1 to 3 days for the transfer there's a fee. If I want to pull cash there's a fee. And now there's fees to use the card.
I think we're getting screwed from every direction.
You shouldn't be charged a fee to pull cash out at the bank.

Back
Top Bottom