This is why Menards online ordering is a scam...

gtaus

Crossing the Road
5 Years
Mar 29, 2019
Northern Minnesota
My Coop
My Coop
I was considering buying an item from Menards. To see if their ship to home system has improved, I added my item to the checkout shipped to home. It's hard to believe, but here is what Menards think it costs them to ship you a small box, about the size of a box of work boots, no priority shipping, nothing special....

1695023268806.png

:tongue :tongue Nope! Ain't gonna hit the submit button on that order!

Edited the next day: I had checked the option to have a "Local Delivery" to my house, not the standard ship to home option which I noticed today. I did not realize that "delivery" to your house and "ship to home" were not the same thing. The ship to home cost would be $8.81 for me. So, this "scam" price is for $115.00 local delivery costs. That is a big difference and thought I should be up front with an edit. Thanks for all the responses which led me to find my error on the shipping options.

1695054199536.png

Last edited:
I was considering buying an item from Menards. To see if their ship to home system has improved, I added my item to the checkout shipped to home. It's hard to believe, but here is what Menards think it costs them to ship you a small box, about the size of a box of work boots, no priority shipping, nothing special....

View attachment 3638521

A Fool and His Money are Soon Separated.

Wow!

I read your post because I just made my first Menards online purchase, a crosscut saw for $11.22. I chose in-store pickup about 15 miles away, so my total, with tax, was $12.01.

For $115, I would hope a Menards employee would personally bring the box to you back door and offer assistance in opening it.

I used to work in shipping. I know moving product from point A to B can be very expensive. But if we'd tried that trick on a customer, there would have been so much negative feedback. Menards can get away with it because they are ... Menards. :mad::tongue

View attachment 3638521

Did you put your actual address or at least your zip code in to get it correct estimate for the shipping cost?

It's hard to believe, but here is what Menards think it costs them to ship you a small box, about the size of a box of work boots, no priority shipping, nothing special....
How heavy would that box be? Many shipping charges are based on weight.

Wow!

I read your post because I just made my first Menards online purchase, a crosscut saw for $11.22. I chose in-store pickup about 15 miles away, so my total, with tax, was $12.01.

For $115, I would hope a Menards employee would personally bring the box to you back door and offer assistance in opening it.

:lau Exactly the same item! I ordered a Kreg Crosscut Station a couple weeks ago when I got an email about their flash sale AND free shipping to the store. That cost me $12.01 total delivered to the store.

I like the crosscut station and decided to order another one. However, this time they wanted to tack on a "Processing Fee" of an additional $1.40 for what? Processing that they did not do before? So, just for fun, I checked out to see how much it would cost to have that crosscut station shipped to my house directly. That is where you see the shipping cost of $115.00 and a total of $127.62!

:caf I submitted a complaint form about a year ago concerning Menard's shipping costs. At that time, I wanted to buy some replacement utility cart rubber wheels. A set of 4 wheels at Menards was about $15.00 less than Home Depot. However, Home Depot had free ship to store whereas Menard's wanted to charge something like $30.00 to ship to store - and even more to ship to home. So, Menard's lost out on the sale of their lower priced item because of their high shipping costs. I thought they should know. Evidently, they just don't care.

:confused: I shop a lot at Menards and they more often than not are the lowest priced option in my town, for in store items. However, if you have to order online from them, then forget about it. As if shipping costs were not bad enough, now they are tacking on a processing fee to the order as well!? On this order, the processing fee exceeded 10% of the item cost. Are we going to have to tip the checkout ladies in the near future?

:old Maybe it's just my age, but I thought stores should sell stuff without having to tack on additional processing fees. AFIK, Home Depot does not pull that stunt for their online orders. At least, the last time I ordered online, about 6 months ago, from Home Depot there was no processing fee. Seems like an extra tip for Menard's for doing absolutely nothing more for the sale.

WOW, that is unbelievable. Next time you're at Menards, you should show that to a Manager. I wonder if they know about it.

Yeah, Menard's knows about it. Like I said, I sent them a complaint about this issue over a year ago, and they responded by tacking on a new processing fee to their orders.

As far as store managers, at my local Menard's store, checkout people last only a few months and they are gone, "Managers" are typically gone in less than a year.

Back
Top Bottom