The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Pics
Welsummer F x French Black Copper Marans M = gen1
gen1 F x FBCM M = gen2
gen2 F x gen2 M -> tight peacomb offspring = gen3

What if cross gen3 F x Blue Americauana M?
What about gen3 M x Blue Americauna F?

Curious about coloring and what the genotype would be of the offspring. Also curious if that would get me speckled green eggs. THANK YOU!
Sorry, I am not understanding your nomenclature

These are the correct terms

Parent Line A: It's used for the most important line where one would be doing the back crossing to
and Parent Line B

F1: The result of crossing PA with PB
F2: The result of crossing F1 x F1
BC1A: The result of crossing F1 x PA

Also in genetics males take precedence over females so if you are crossing a Welsumer female with a Maran male you would write it as Maran x Welsummer

Ok, thanks! My question: I was wondering what would happen if I mix My Spitzhauben With my Easter Egger. Any idea?
Depending on what your Easter Egger carries(most are just wildtype or eb brown based) You might end up with something looking like this(but with a crest and probably less pronounced spangling)

This is a hamburg/Ameraucana F2 cross to bring the Silver Spangling to the Ameraucana

1643811005115.png

Depending on what your Easter Egger carries(most are just wildtype or eb brown based) You might end up with something looking like this(but with a crest and probably less pronounced spangling)

This is a hamburg/Ameraucana F2 cross to bring the Silver Spangling to the Ameraucana

View attachment 2981057
That would be cool! The EE in my profile pic is the one I would like to breed. Would there be any differences?

That would be cool! The EE in my profile pic is the one I would like to breed. Would there be any differences?
Yeah, that EE does not look like a regular EE, it lacks a pea comb, lacks the beard and it has dominant white that will turn the black spots white and the body will be white.. So the F1s will all look white

Back
Top Bottom