Stressed chicken?

Can you increase the ventilation? They need lots of ventilation, at least 1 square foot per bird, don't worry about drafts as long as they're above their heads or below them.
The only way to increase ventilation in the shed area where I was keeping her would to be to add a window. I actually put her in the chaotic coop tonight. She wasn’t breathing as heavy as last night, but she was opening her mouth a little bit. She might have been stressed with all the noise of the other chickens and being moved around. There is a window open right above where she is. My other hens are not nice so I kept her in the crate for now.

Do you think is still worry about worming the flock and I still not 100% sure she doesn’t have some kind of respiratory issue.
Respiratory issues can be caused by caused by being in an indoor environment for a majority of the time, dust, d.e, etc, she could use a beak trim. Is she let out side at all? A beak typically wears away with outdoor use.

Respiratory issues can be caused by caused by being in an indoor environment for a majority of the time, dust, d.e, etc, she could use a beak trim. Is she let out side at all? A beak typically wears away with outdoor use.
Well, when she was in the shed area, I was opening the door to the shed and that was getting outside air. We don’t free range our chickens we have a covered run. But I’m not letting her out there with all the other chickens because when there’s something new, even though she’s not new, they seem to want to peck on them. She was in a crate for a couple of months while I was trying to get her better.. yesterday she spent outside in the run, but she was in her crate still.

Someone had once suggested Tiagard for respiratory and I actually have that coming from Amazon and being delivered today. Should they go ahead and start putting that in her water? What do you think about the rest of the chickens who appeared to have no symptoms from what I can tell?

Back
Top Bottom