Spotted Combs? Possible contagion?

Lindzee

Hatching
Sep 23, 2021
Hello! My eight month old buff Orpingtons (five total) have dark spots on their combs. What could this be? They are of average weight. No trauma or worrisome behavior such as lethargy/lack of appetite. Poop looks fine. Symptoms noted recently, within the past couple of days. They have their coup with hay but roam freely in our backyard. Has anyone else seen or experienced this? We are relatively new to raising hens and I’m not sure what could be wrong or what the right course of action may be. Pic below. Thanks for reading and any advice.

Attachments

• CAD7F856-E35A-4AD2-A5FA-1F91D6D488A0.jpeg
    CAD7F856-E35A-4AD2-A5FA-1F91D6D488A0.jpeg
    347.1 KB · Views: 10
Hello! My eight month old buff Orpingtons (five total) have dark spots on their combs. What could this be? They are of average weight. No trauma or worrisome behavior such as lethargy/lack of appetite. Poop looks fine. Symptoms noted recently, within the past couple of days. They have their coup with hay but roam freely in our backyard. Has anyone else seen or experienced this? We are relatively new to raising hens and I’m not sure what could be wrong or what the right course of action may be. Pic below. Thanks for reading and any advice.
I see some peck marks.

Back
Top Bottom