Silkie Frizzle?

I don't believe regular silkies will Frizzle. There's a mix called a sizzle. Your chick is adorable and I believe the wing feathers are normal for silkie chicks but I'm not completely sure. Hopefully someone more experienced with them can help out.
frizzle is a gene not a breed. you can get silkied silkie frizzles and sutan frizzles.

I'm not an expert but I think the fluffy is a sizzle, and the more curly or bent look is frizzle. I also know many different types of birds can have sizzle and frizzle. I was told from the hatchery you can not breed two frizzles together because it will result in a chick who will loose her feathers. The breeding has to be a 50/50. Making it hard to predict who will frizzle. I have two frizzle chicks who are Easter Eggers and I hope I get at least one frizzle look.i won't know until later... hope this helps out some.
The term “sizzle” was ones for what is now the satin breed. Sizzle is an outdated term and even though it sounds like it should be a “satin frizzle” it is not.

Back
Top Bottom