Selling Emu hatching eggs for incubation, chance for blonde

Kalifornsky

Songster
Jul 9, 2017
TX
Hello! I've just listed three batches of eggs on Ebay and I thought people interested in raising emus of their own might want to check out the listings. I'll go ahead and update this thread when new listings are made throughout the laying season. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I'll try to answer best as possible.

s-l500.jpg

Above: The latest batch of eggs on sale!
s-l400.jpg

Above: Ani hatched blonde!
s-l500.jpg

Above: Ani and Rey, hatched 4/4/17 from last laying season
s-l500.jpg

Above: Sterling/Denali

Batch One
s-l400.jpg

SB: $30
Buy It Now: $225
Quantity: 3 eggs
Unproven: Unknown emu pairs
Auction Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/312416487996
Auction ends: 8th Tuesday, 5:39PM

Batch Two
s-l400.jpg

SB: $40
Buy It Now: $270
Quantity: 3 eggs
Proven: Sterling/Denali
Auction Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/312416503362
Auction ends: 12th Saturday, 6:09PM

Batch Three
s-l400.jpg

SB: $50
Buy It Now: $360
Quantity: 4 eggs
Proven: Sterling/Denali
Auction Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/312416507788
Auction ends: 12th Saturday, 6:18PM

More info is provided on each listing! Will not ship internationally or to AK/HI.

Attachments

• 20190104_162059.png
    20190104_162059.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 32
  • 20190104_162059.png
    20190104_162059.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I actually saw your post for batch 2 on ebay and was considering placing a bid.. Although i'd really prefer finding eggs unrelated.. I do know someone who is incubating eggs and is willing to sell me any chicks that hatch out so I suppose that wouldn't be much of a problem.. i'll keep an eye on this thread and the post. I Love your set-up btw~ Do you actually mind if I were to contact you for tips and such on emu care sometime?

@MillersFarm Feel free to ask any questions or if you need advice! If you're concerned of inbreeding, I can at least confirm Batch 2 and Batch 3 are from individuals who aren't related (Sterling & Denali). We purchased them from separate farms.

@gimmie birdies Hatching through the mail is definitely possible, there were several successful hatches from last season from eggs we sent via mail. The only thing I'd be concerned over is 1) the egg surviving the journey (we pack them as securely as possible to prevent breakage) and 2) if it's freezing out. It's possible freezing temperatures could damage the egg and affect its hatchability.

Typically male emus are seen as the most friendly, but we have several friendly males and females on the property. They're tame and you can approach them and pet them. Females are slightly more bossy and show off quite a bit, and make deep drumming sounds frequently in the breeding season. The males make grunting noises on occasion to show interest in females, and sometimes act shy while displaying. Overall they're very quiet, and don't make any other kind of noise aside from when they're trying to show off.

Back
Top Bottom