Question of the Day - Tuesday, March 26th, 2024

I told my high school counselor I wanted to be a veterinarian and she told me no, "Girls can't be veterinarians! You must take shorthand and typing so you can always earn an honest living," she said. Admittedly these were in the pre-Gloria Steinem days (young ladies, Google her and burn a bra in her honor), but I am so glad that today nobody would think of saying such a thing. Today ANYBODY can choose to be ANTHING they want to be. (Except boys, I don't think boys can grow up to be mothers, can they? Who knows?) 🤷‍♀️

I told my high school counselor I wanted to be a veterinarian and she told me no, "Girls can't be veterinarians! You must take shorthand and typing so you can always earn an honest living," she said. Admittedly these were in the pre-Gloria Steinem days (young ladies, Google her and burn a bra in her honor), but I am so glad that today nobody would think of saying such a thing. Today ANYBODY can choose to be ANTHING they want to be. (Except boys, I don't think boys can grow up to be mothers, can they? Who knows?) 🤷‍♀️
Lol, it was a joke, Banty! :lau

Back
Top Bottom