Question of the Day - Tuesday, March 26th, 2024

Pick a good market, where people can afford to pay a good trainer and care enough to have their dogs trained. You might also have a corner of your shop set up to take photos of the freshly-groomed dogs and offer one free photo, plus a whole plethora of related items such as mugs, portraits ... shirts, jackets, towels ... you name it. I taught basic obedience for years through a community college and loved it but made nominal money at it, as the college paid me. Set up your own school and pay yourself, be your own boss. Get certified and write your own ticket. Good luck!
I'm definitely planning on having my own business, thanks for the good ideas!

I'm definitely planning on having my own business, thanks for the good ideas!
I love your tag line:
Dogs do speak, but only to those who listen.
So true! They're talking all the time! Eyes, ears, nose, face, feet, body, tail, temp, movement, everything! Glad you're a listener. I called my classes Dogspeak ...

If I were young and just starting out? Graphic design at Pixar studios, illustrator.
High stress, long hours, mediocre pay, not work/life balance, impossible deadlines, and more impossible clients.

Source: Wife is a graphic designer/illustrator and worked for what was the most prestigious firm in Phoenix at the time. Her normal day was 7 am to midnight and there were often times I would run her a change of clothes because they were on deadline and she never got to go home. She quit when we found out she was pregnant with our second child, the stress would likely have resulted in very bad things (tm) with her pregnancy.

Do not recomend. Freelance work you can pick and choose? Sure. But never for a firm or a production house.

High stress, long hours, mediocre pay, not work/life balance, impossible deadlines, and more impossible clients.

Source: Wife is a graphic designer/illustrator and worked for what was the most prestigious firm in Phoenix at the time. Her normal day was 7 am to midnight and there were often times I would run her a change of clothes because they were on deadline and she never got to go home. She quit when we found out she was pregnant with our second child, the stress would likely have resulted in very bad things (tm) with her pregnancy.

Do not recomend. Freelance work you can pick and choose? Sure. But never for a firm or a production house.
Thanks, Arizona, good to know.

Omg 😭😭 I meant cars
Freudian slip? :lau

Back
Top Bottom