Possible Mareks/B2 deficiency?

You may need to wash and dry her a few times a day.
Since she's not mobile, she's laying in her own waste and getting soiled.
You can try making her a sling to get her more upright for short monitored periods of time, make a hole in the back of the sling for droppings to fall through, this may help keep her cleaner.

I’ll try bathing her then. I think that would be very helpful. I’ll check it out, thanks!

She has not. It’s just been scratch grain, chick food, water and eggs. I’ve also given her some greens but nothing to stain her poop like that.
You may want to contact your vet to sell you some amprol or amprollium which will help treat coccidiosis. Some vets prefer sulf antibiotics, but amprollium is useful.

She has not. It’s just been scratch grain, chick food, water and eggs. I’ve also given her some greens but nothing to stain her poop like that.
You may want to contact your vet to sell you some amprol or amprollium which will help treat coccidiosis. Some vets prefer sulf antibiotics, but amprollium is useful.
I agree, I would ask your vet for some medications.

I’ve heard that corid can help too.. do you still recommend asking a vet or would that work? Do you suspect she has coccidiosis along with whatever else she has?

Corid is amprollium. The only place I have found to get it is on Amazon.ca at $83 for 283g. If you go through the vet, you will have to pay for a vet visit. Some vets won't allow chickens in the buildings and require that the vet visit your house, which is expensive. I wish I could help more as I am also dealing with a similar situation.

If you have a regular vet,explain that it is for a chicken with pssoble coccidiosis, and they have been known to sell an amount of the liquid. Veterinarian laws have been recently changing, where they can no longer prescribe something without seeing the patient. It is also used in cattle, in case you know someone who raises them.

I’ve heard that corid can help too.. do you still recommend asking a vet or would that work? Do you suspect she has coccidiosis along with whatever else she has?
Corid is Amprolium. It's my understanding since you are in Canada, you need to go through a vet to get it or do as @Chickstarrs mentioned, order from Amazon and see if you can get it.

Thanks all for your help. I found corid in amazon for a decent price and there was a liquid and powder form and I wasn’t sure which one was better.

I’ve been feeding and watering Terrie as normal for the past few days and she’s been eating and drinking by herself a bit too. This morning though I found her with her head under her chest and her one eye is swollen and the other she can’t open. I’ll attach some pictures and her toes are curling up weirdly again too. I’m not sure why she would start acting like this (she’s also acting a lot worse too.. she’s not as energetic and is talking less) so I’m hoping one of you would have an idea.
1A514C31-2139-4E46-9AF2-002EDD15632C.jpeg B2F6F9F7-8128-4535-80D3-854AA311C003.jpeg FD1B908C-25E7-4867-BEAB-2AA99D332B67.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom