Possible ducks egg- help with understanding the incubation process.

Boymomnlm

Hatching
May 9, 2024
Help! My son found 2 eggs on a waters edge about 16 days ago. No nest no fowl insight. He brought them home so we thought, why not let's try. We have an incubator, adjusted the temperature for ducks, but no way to adjust humidity. We just did a candle light check at 16 days and I think one has stopped developing (possible ring of death unsure) and the other still has movement. Both eggs have developed hairline cracks. Air sacs seems to be intact butbreally I am at a loss as to what we are doing. What are the chances the one at least will still develop?

Help! My son found 2 eggs on a waters edge about 16 days ago. No nest no fowl insight. He brought them home so we thought, why not let's try. We have an incubator, adjusted the temperature for ducks, but no way to adjust humidity. We just did a candle light check at 16 days and I think one has stopped developing (possible ring of death unsure) and the other still has movement. Both eggs have developed hairline cracks. Air sacs seems to be intact butbreally I am at a loss as to what we are doing. What are the chances the one at least will still develop?
Good job for rescuing them! If the humidity isn’t working, I would mist them or put a damp towel in the incubator with them. Incubate them for a couple days, and if you see no visible development, then toss them. Good luck and keep us updated! Also welcome to BYC!

You might also want to see what else it can possibly be in case it's not a duck egg because other birds have different incubation periods.

Back
Top Bottom