Overstock Sale on 5-gallon Bucket Feeder Kit at Amazon, reduced 50% to $6.49!

I received my feeder kit this afternoon from UPS. Opened it up and everything looks great. Totally worth the price if you want to make a 5-gallon bucket feeder. I just checked the Amazon link, and you can still get the kit at the overstock price of $6.49. Well, at least that is what comes up for me as an Amazon Prime member.

BONUS DEAL FOR ME: The included 3-inch hole saw in this kit is the perfect size for my 3-inch net cups which I use to start my plants in late winter. I keep thinking I might want to try some net cups in a hydroponics system. This hole saw would cut perfect holes for these net cups.

1700616017646.png

BTW, the least expensive 3-inch hole saw I could find on Amazon was this...

1700616279889.png

For anyone sitting on the fence about this 4-port feeder kit, I just checked the original link and it still comes up at the overstock price of $6.49 on my screen.
We have the nipple water buckets all ready for our grow-out/breeder pens this spring, so I was looking up feeders as we need two. In the coop, we're fine as we have a giant metal one. I saw your post and thought OMG, there's the answer! We could make two of them from this kit. We use Tupperware. ☺️

Got the feeder kit ordered now. Thank you!

Attachments

• Brooder 2.jpg
    Brooder 2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 5
:clap That should serve you well. Let us know how much feed gets spilled out into the pan and if the chickens just eat the feed in the pan if any falls out. I don't know if any feed system can be zero wastage, but your setup looks about as good as it can get.
So far I have not noticed any spillage outside the tray!
:wee

I received a free off through Amazon for a set of horizontal nipples. I'd just have to invest in a bucket...or maybe I could find another container?

We could make two of them from this kit.

I have my 4-port 5-gallon bucket feeder hanging 24/7 in the chicken coop. I have 10 chickens but have never seen more than 1 or 2 chickens eating at the feeder at the same time. So, for a small flock, I think you could get by with putting only 2 ports on each feeder as long as you leave them hanging with food in them all the time. Obviously, if you only provide feed for a short period of time each day, then the chickens will all be fighting to eat at the same time.

Good to hear you took advantage of this overstock price markdown. I don't know how long it will last.

For people who may find this thread long after the sale price is over, the regular price of this kit for $13.00 is still a good value considering you get covers for each port feeder and a hole saw in each kit.

So far I have not noticed any spillage outside the tray!
:wee

:clap That's fantastic.

I received a free off through Amazon for a set of horizontal nipples. I'd just have to invest in a bucket...or maybe I could find another container?

:eek:🤔 You got something free from Amazon!

About once every 3 months, Harbor Freight has free 5-gallon bucket sales with a minimum purchase. If you have a list of about $25.00 of supplies you might need, that is a good time to pick up a free $6.00 bucket. Even better, I am an Inside Track Club (ITC) member, and usually I can get a free bucket with any purchase, even less than $1.00!

I have not found a good way to get free food-grade buckets. Our local bakery charges $3.00 per 5-gallon bucket, but that comes with a lid. Not a bad deal for many, but like I said, I get my buckets at HF for free on those bucket days sales.

Back
Top Bottom