New to chickens Hemet Ca

Xanthfox

In the Brooder
Feb 6, 2015
Hemet, CA
Hi all! I'm new here and to chickens. I reside in Hemet, CA. I'm a produce dept. Manager here in town. Married for 5 years this April. With our first son Nehemiah (9 months) our garden and work I got my hands full.
We grow a garden every year. This year we will be expanding into our front yard! As a produce manager I know the importance of quality, organic fruits and veggies. With the new expansion. I have room in my backyard for my first Chicken Coop!!! The self sufficiency is very exciting. I'm setting up later this week after we replace our antediluvian back fence. Right now I'm looking to buy some Rhode island red hens from a hatchery in town. Would also like to add a Wynadette and/or Plymouth rock. I'm definitely looking for egg production. I'll ask alot of questions, do alot of Googling and am looking forward to conversing with seasoned pro's!
Give me a shout if your from town! :)

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Hi :welcome
Glad you could join the flock! It really does sound like you have your hands full there! Hope your coop goes to plan and you get your fence replaced. Be sure to ask any questions you may have, everyone here to help. Why not drop by the where am I where are you section of the forum to check for your state thread for other chicken people in your area. Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
Wishing you the very best of luck.
Enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. My only suggestion is, where children are involved, is to go with breeds that have a well deserved reputation for being calm and gentle. Rhode Island Reds are sometimes aggressive (especially the roosters). Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your flock.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined the "flock."

Rhode Island Reds should be excellent egg layers for you. I would definitely recommend getting some Wyandottes eventually- I've kept some for four years, and they're my favorite breed, as they have been very good egg layers, extremely hardy, and friendly.

Please feel free to ask all the questions you may have! We're all here to help in any way we can.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom