Needing inspiration on attaching a run to this coop

Millerzoo680

In the Brooder
Jul 3, 2022
Hey everyone! I’m still researching and learning and plan to get my chickens in the spring. I have purchased a coop I found on marketplace (see picture) I plan to place this coop within my fenced in backyard but also I need to attach a run to it somehow because I have 2 dogs that would love a little chicky snack (they’re only outside to potty, but I still do not want to free range my future flock) but I would like to have access to laying boxes from outside of the run if possible.. I am planning on doing a 30’ long and 20’ wide run… does anyone have a coop similar that could show me how you attached a run? I’m drawing a blank and would like to have some inspiration :)

Attachments

• D2415DA1-6765-43BD-A0C2-AB7DDB5624EF.jpeg
    D2415DA1-6765-43BD-A0C2-AB7DDB5624EF.jpeg
    569.4 KB · Views: 29
I see a very simple solution. Locate in one corner of your fenced in yard. Then you only need to add an L shaped fencing for the other 2 sides. Have nesting box on outside of run. Also the people access door,, have that also on the outside. I am assuming that access door,, is opposite wall of the port hole door.
Nice looking coop BTW. :love
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

What will the run be made of?

If the coop isn’t going inside a run structure I’d probably attach off the side with the chicken door and window, leaving the rest outside of the run so you can access it without going into run first.

The coop is wood, so if you need to physically attach it, using screws would be a common method. Perhaps use something like metal plumbers tape/hanger strap if you’re using a metal tube-framed run structure.

If you don’t want the run to be right up against the coop wall, you could use some hardware cloth and make a short adapter tunnel to fit between the two structures. That may help if you were having trouble with that roofline protruding out.

Ultimately it depends on what you will be using for the run

Back
Top Bottom