Need help guessing what colors squab will end up having..

Duck_life

Duck Addict
5 Years
May 14, 2019
Woods of PA
This is the pairs first squab, now I'm normally good at guessing what the squab will end up looking like but this little one has me so confused. Babies a dilute downed. So, mom has a whole bunch of colors, so babies took more for mom.

Mom is recessive red, while dad pretty much just has feral color, and check pattern. Any ideas what the baby can end up looking like?

Attachments

• Snapchat-104840496.jpg
    Snapchat-104840496.jpg
    459.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Snapchat-810315779.jpg
    Snapchat-810315779.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 24
I think mom is not a recessive red but instead a piebald/splash blue bar with another trait giving the copper colored wing bars, though I forget what it’s called.
With both parents having blue as their base color I think you’re likely to get more blue babies with varying degrees of white from the mother. Maybe a lot, or maybe just a few feathers. The more traits the different pigeons involved have, the move difficult it becomes to venture any guesses. You’ll probably have a 50/50 chance of the wing pattern brings bars like mom or checkers like dad.

Any pics of the baby?

I think mom is not a recessive red but instead a piebald/splash blue bar with another trait giving the copper colored wing bars, though I forget what it’s called.
With both parents having blue as their base color I think you’re likely to get more blue babies with varying degrees of white from the mother. Maybe a lot, or maybe just a few feathers. The more traits the different pigeons involved have, the move difficult it becomes to venture any guesses. You’ll probably have a 50/50 chance of the wing pattern brings bars like mom or checkers like dad.

Any pics of the baby?
Thank you!! And yes.

Attachments

• Snapchat-25559022.jpg
    Snapchat-25559022.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 17
  • Snapchat-1186888713.jpg
    Snapchat-1186888713.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 15
Just one chubby checker :love I agree with the previous post you can see the colors starting to pop, just give it another week or so. In my limited experience, when there is two I would get split to both parents. Now to plan squabby's marriage.;)

Any pics of the baby?
Could it be bronzing on the wings?

Back
Top Bottom