4 weeks old today
20230304_093118.jpg
20230304_093154.jpg
20230304_093244.jpg
20230304_093329.jpg
20230304_093413.jpg
20230304_093444.jpg
20230304_093543.jpg

That is one Amazing looking hen, basically a Black/Very Dark Blue lacing on breast... But light Blue/Grey lacing on the lower body and back.

I have not see such bird in my life, my only conclusion would be that the hen is actually a Chimera, two female embryo combined at the earliest of development and one was bl+/bl+ and the other was Bl/bl+.

Chimeras are more common than what people think, first because most breeds are homogeneous and most of them are of the same sex(same goes with people, many people are walking chimeras and will never know)
I have a hen like that to
I can't even hatch any blacks its seems from two blues and with splash you can't tell if its mottled so no need to keep them. And I personally just dont care for splashed birds
Why not try and sell the ones you want that aren't deformed until their old enough to process. You might make some more money off them even if you can't use them.

I have a hen like that to

Why not try and sell the ones you want that aren't deformed until their old enough to process. You might make some more money off them even if you can't use them.
Because i dont want people trying to create them I want something no one else has. The adults will be sold as they arent mottled chicks that lose the mottling will be sold just as blrw if they some how keep it them ill either use those or if they are si gle combed ill process them for my freezer

Because i dont want people trying to create them I want something no one else has. The adults will be sold as they arent mottled chicks that lose the mottling will be sold just as blrw if they some how keep it them ill either use those or if they are si gle combed ill process them for my freezer
Ahah, I get it now.

6 weeks old today. Any guesses on genders? I also put 29 more in the bator for easter hatch but since I took two hens away from the rooster Feb 18 not sure how many are gonna be fertile as if they run clear then I can sell the adult hens finally.
20230318_085339.jpg
20230318_085346.jpg
20230318_085419.jpg
20230318_085414.jpg

6 weeks old today. Any guesses on genders?
Gender guesses:
first photo, maybe male but can't be sure from this angle
second photo, most likely male
third and fourth photos, definitely male

I also put 29 more in the bator for easter hatch but since I took two hens away from the rooster Feb 18 not sure how many are gonna be fertile as if they run clear then I can sell the adult hens finally.
If you want to sell the adult hens, why wait?

Gender guesses:
first photo, maybe male but can't be sure from this angle
second photo, most likely male
third and fourth photos, definitely male

If you want to sell the adult hens, why wait?
The first two pics are of the same bird sec and last are the second one. And I dont want people hatching eggs from these hens. I sell hens like this every year.

The first two pics are of the same bird sec and last are the second one.
In that case, I think they're both male.

And I dont want people hatching eggs from these hens. I sell hens like this every year.
OK, that makes sense, if you are trying not to let other people raise chicks from this project.

I gather you don't care whether they hatch eggs from those hens with a different rooster?

Back
Top Bottom