Muscovies in US - REGULATION CHANGES OPEN FOR COMMENTS - 10/1 update

Quote:
Yes, you can keep them. But you can't breed them, sell them, or even give them away unless it's for meat (and that requires a permit)

Quote:
Yes, you can keep them. But you can't breed them, sell them, or even give them away unless it's for meat (and that requires a permit)

*runs to buy Muscovies* I am going to ask my mom, orignally I had planned to get ducks when we built our barn...but I really want muscovies...so I suppose I can throw em in with the chickies...right?

I added info to the first post on how to find the contact info for your congressmen. If someone wants to draft a form letter that can be used, I'll update the post to include it.

I have to say, being a recent Muscovy owner/lover, I am sitting here somewhat in shock...Are these the equivalent of the Pit Bull in duck world or something?...I'm not happy about this type of legislation affecting any ducks(or chickens)...

I'm going to be thankful I live in an area that won't give 2 craps about this...

Look at this guy, does he look like trouble:

30142_0121_pantsome_tub1.jpg

Well, maybe bad example!
lol.png

Last edited:
I wrote this to my rep/congresswoman... I don't know if it is any good, but any one who does want to write to their rep is free to use it

Dear Congresswoman,

Please intervene to stop the new regulation that prohibits the possession of Muscovy ducks and allows them to be irradiated on public lands recently put in place by the DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR, Fish and Wildlife Service (50 CFR Part 21[Docket Number FWS–R9–MB–2007–0017;91200–1231–9BPP]RIN 1018–AV34).

This is a gross violation of individual rights, and is nothing more than state sanctioned animal cruelty. I am so angered by this, and I very much hope that, as my representative, you will step in to make a difference here. Please use your power to speak up for me, your constituent, and the many intelligent, sensitive animals that will be slaughtered as a result of this frivolous legislation!

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom