March Hatch A Long... anyone with me??

Quote:
Photos please....
wee.gif

celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e149/zazousemoon206/Ostrichegghatching-animation.gif

X2 -
pop.gif

33 set - 27 candeled and had potential (three darker eggs we had no idea and we are new so we weren't sure so kept a few others)
18 hatch and healthy
1 starting to zip right now
This is day 21 so far so good for my first hatch.

82768_chick_born.jpg

Me - My son put six eggs under two of the banty's 2 bantam cochin eggs under each and 1 bigger egg not sure from whom under each too! I am hoping it is the cuckoo maran bred with the copper maran but I have 8 roo's so they will just be backyard mystery chicks. Due to hatch on Easter Sunday. We shall see!!!

Caroline
pop.gif
wee.gif
bun.gif

Wow... March is ending... out like a lion on top of it!

Gorgeous babies everyone... it was fabulous to hatch along with you all. I think I am done hatching until Fall.
big_smile.png

So many cute chicks, and I'm not the only one hatching today. I have one out, and two more pipped. I walked in the door just in time to see the first one come out of its shell. Wish I could have gotten a pic at that moment, it was popping its head up wearing the top of the egg like a hat while sitting in the bottom of the shell. By the time I got back with a camera it was out.
75878_blue_ameraucana_1.jpg

Fatbassetvineyards, that is a great first hatch!
woot.gif
Good for you.

This is my first time posting for a hatch a long. I have a Brinsea Ova 190 that is working overtime....poor baby!!!!! LOL
I hatched these tiny Yokohamas for my grown son for his birthday that is coming up in May. I would love to have a chance to win a candler so I am going to give it a shot.
67305_yoko_march2011.jpg

Sewandgrow, what cute chicks, and a wonderful birthday present. Good luck on the hatching contest!
clap.gif

Well, number two just arrived, as it was climbing out of it's shell, number one climbed back into it's shell and sat with him. To funny!
75878_blue_ameraucana_2.jpg

So that's two down and 3 to go.
jumpy.gif

Well, I think this hatch is complete. 2 out of 5, not to bad for shipped eggs, not great but that's life. Turns out the third one I heard peeping never made an external pip, it was an optical illusion from the glass. It was quiet this morning so I opened the egg carefully at the air sack end, hoping to be in time to save it, but it had died without ever externally pipping and hadn't fully absorbed the yoke sac. The other two don't appear to be moving when I candled them. I won't toss them yet, but I think they quit also. So I am finished with this batch, I think.

Back
Top Bottom